Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Yes Brenda, I have quite a big one. It is a Fellows and stands over 2' high takes quite a bit of paperwork, wouldn't be without it. It stands next to my desk and the stuff that goes through it is amazing. At least you have the knowledge that nothing which carries your name and address or banking details can go out without strimming.
I think everyone should have one of these, mines not as big as Moyra's but it will do up to 3 sheets of A4 at the same time. It also has a 'cut out' if you try to do too much which is a tad annoying but these days I only have a modest amount so it's OK. Like Moyra I also have it next to the desk which is kinda important 'cos if you have to walk somewhere with the papers you can be sure you'll get diverted and forget to do it, well I do (Not you Moyra )

It's another expense which the normal honest people are having to pay because of the fraudsters etc. but the one I have has lasted me for donkeys years (At least 20 I think)

Moyra, do you put a drop of 3in1 oil on the cutter wheels I try to do this every 2 or 3 years (Unplugged of course ) I think it helps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Afternoon everyone late on parade today.
We walked Dillon then went to Burgley house for the craft show. Saw some wonderful stags on the drive up to the fair in the grounds some adult some young.
Craft fair ok same exhibitors that we saw at the Sandringham Christmas fair last year. We didn't see anything for Christmas pressies but did see a wonderful Bulrush sculpture for the garden which is now in our possession.
Tomorrow we have to pop out for a new arch as mine came down in the wind yesterday with my Clematis still attached.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 04:34 PM
No TW, i am on my own, not sure if it is too late to book assistance anyway...i will manage, mum says it is mental with it being the illuminations, she had to get a taxi from the station instead of the bus.
Lol the theme for the fancy dress sounds like it could be fun...could have loaned you laneys old fleece onesie for Zenith...it is dead cute, got sheep on it Lol
Harvey, we have a shredder too but i like burning my bank statements
Lynn, sculpture sounds nice
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 05:00 PM
No Harvey, I haven't needed to oil it. It works very well. I am so cold I am going to check the night storage heaters working and then take myself to bed to get warm.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Evening all - Seems to be all quiet on the Western Front, no one about since Moyra took off to bed (feel sure you'll soon get warm with a nice cuddly Amber for company).
Life teeters along here steadily - have had some more World Cup. Even I (who like the game) am inclined to wonder when it will ever end - actually the final is 2 weeks today - so only 5 more matches to go!
The weather has got steadily colder throughout the day and we had a small amount of rain during the afternoon. Now that night has set on properly the temperature is plummeting and I strongly suspect there will be a frost over night. Once the tops have been flattened by frost it'll be time to take up the Dahlia tubers and store them over winter - they cannot stand the cold and wet up here and if you leave them in (even covered) they just rot away. Rather surprisingly we still have a good show of sweet peas which are grown to provide the Mem with some bunches for the house - we tend to grow the old fashioned varieties with the long stem and very strong scent. Just one bunch will fill a large room with a lovely scent for several days and while she's messing with flowers - she's not getting on at me! lol !
Hope someone appears before bedtime, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Watched a film, then Dr Who, then Casualty, so have managed to avoid the Ball Game, Wales lost I believe, possibly the reason for your wish for it to all end LG
Have got the girls heat lamps dusted off but don't put those in until we've got overnight frost forecast, they've got massive beds now though, everyone seems fine and very lively, so no one suffering from the cold. Keshi grows this huge coat so she looks like a bear. I remember someone at training last year trying to find their way through it and they were totally amazed by the density of it. Its forecasting 9 and then 10 for tonight and been looking at the forecast for the next week and its not going to dive much below that. We've got heavy rain coming in next week as well, much prefer it either dry and cold or dry and very hot
Waiting for the frost myself then I can sort the plants out, everything is beginning to flower again now.
Never have much luck with sweet peas myself, I love the smell but never seem to be able to get them going.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Good evening all,
Moyra, hope you have warmed up now
Awwww LG, you will be gutted when it is finished....i don't think rugby special is on anymore is it?? Used to love that, my nan used to fetch us earlyish on a Sunday, drive us to hmp Ashwell to visit my uncle and then had to speed me home for rugby special Lol
TW, i bet the girls will look lovely with their winter coats...my 2 actually have to have a winter coat Lol
Mum is home, Bill wasn't so good today, Tess was o.k but she had to wait for an hour for the loo...she was shouting for help as she could hear the staff outside and one of the women shouted through that she would have to wait her turn....her tone changed when she saw my mum! They have to use a hoist so mum couldn't help Tess out. Apparently the train from Preston was rammed and when she got to Blackpool there was a queue a mile long for the loo, i had given her my radar key so she nipped to the disabled one and a little lad was nearly peeing himself so she waited while he went and locked up after him....i am now dreading it Lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2015, 10:12 PM
It's really cold up here tonight June - really feels like winter.
Sweet peas :- 6 or 8 seeds to a 4 inch pot filled with regular potting compost with a sprinkling of granular fertiliser. Start them off early on an indoor windowsill or greenhouse and plant them out when the worst of the frost is over. They like to be kept damp and when planted out in a trough or trench it is a good idea to put a layer of newspapers (quite thick layer) about 10 to 12 inches deep. This will act as a way of keeping moisture just below the roots - as they like to have damp feet!
Once 18inches high feed them once a week, an excellent feed is Tomorite (the tomato fertiliser) which should be fed at half strength.
If you can be bothered with doing all this - I'll guarantee you a lovely crop of sweet peas for next year.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Griff - good luck with that trip - bit of luck and it'll turn out a whole lot better than you thought (well here's hoping). If it all goes **** up and you end up locked in a loo on Preston station - we'll bring you a flask and some sandwiches! lol !
There's no rugby special anymore but there is a Aviva Premiership prog on sat or sun nights (depending how the fixtures fit in, so I can get my fix from that.
We are only 40 mins drive from the Sale ground so if I fancy abit of quality rugby as opposed to the local stuff it's not too far away. Mind you - it has to be a nice day for that as I'm not paying to sit in a freezing cold stand with the wind whipping round my nethers for anybody.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Yes Wales lost but they played a darn good game I thought.

I don't think Moyra could've seen my post about the article in The Weekend magazine, Ben Fogle on Labradors. Apparently he has written a book: Labrador - The Story of the World's Favourite Dog.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >