Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2015, 06:39 AM

Daily Dogsey Thread (Wednesday)

Good morning everyone, I left off the Good morning in the title because the thread goes on all day! Very cold out there this morning and I have to walk Amber, not looking forward to it.

Have a good day everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Have no idea what the weather is doing today as not pulled curtains back yet.

Eileen what a busy life you are leading and will be leading. Glad Sara is doing well and hoping mum has made some improvement overnight.
If your off to Venice count me in loved it there.

Just been listening to the news and the swans are at Slimbridge flying in from Russia 25 days earlier than last year the first time in 50 years. Will have to keep an eye out here ours will be flying in soon then I expect.

Harvey we usually buy seasoned logs. Saw the apple logs at the farm shop/cafe and decided to buy some and soon realised they were still oozing sap and had not been seasoned. We only burnt a few but they had obviously coked the door up.
Boilerjuice do farm out the orders they shop around for the best prices. So not surprised they cover Suffolk. They will alert you to other people buying in your area so if you need oil or have room and can afford a top up you can jump on the order and that puts the price down too.
You are probably aware but the minimum you can order is 500 litres and we have found that with any supplier.

Popping out today need to top up Dillon's freezer and get some lunch in for Friday better feed my friend at lunch time.

Hope everyone is well today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Morning all, another fabulous day
I hope all this good weather doesn't mean we are in for a shock in a minute!
Hope you all have a good day xx
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Morning all
Lovely bright sunny morning, quite cool though.
Will take Rosie out later, need to get tidied round.
Either today or tomorrow need to get my ironing done.
Spoke to Liam this morning, bless him he thought we were coming this weekend, not next so he's booked this Friday off but he's says it's ok he can book next week off too.
Hope you have a good shopping trip Lynn
Don't want any shocks NJ
Hope you warmed up now Moyra
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Nippy and all who follow

The people who had our house used to burn logs which were unseasoned. When we had the chimney swept, they hadn't bothered for two years, the sweep showed us what he got down. He called it crispy cake and said it would flare up very quickly. They left a lot of the logs, should have cleared them out but didn't, and they were quiet wet even in summer.

Hope your mum responds quickly to treatment and is soon home Eileen. Gently hugs to her.

Lovely and sunny here with a light breeze. Tad chilly on early morning walk. Washing done and on the line and bread in bread maker.

Have a nice day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Morning all
we have some sun too but it isn't very warmyet...might as well put my spray tan machine away..boooooo
anyone seen LG?? i do hope he is o.k after all his wall building and stuff
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Quite cold and dull here this morning, it may brighten up later on. Everyone had brekkie and settled down to sleep it off whilst I cleared up, and I'm having mine now and reading the papers online.
There are some geese (I think) come down from Iceland at MartinMere at the moment and then once they have fed and had a rest they are on their way to you Lynn, in Norfolk, where they will spend the winter.
Still got late blackberries here, usually they're gone by September.
I burn coal and top it up with the odd log everynight, not started the coal yet, I've a bin full of logs that I built up in the summer, its all kiln dried, before that I used to go to the bedroom/kitchen place and bag their offcuts, did it for years, free heating and hot water, but when I broke my ribs that winter I wasn't able to go and thats how come I buy coal and logs now, never felt able to go back there after such a long absence, they were lovely to me, but felt embarrassed leaving it for a year then suddenly re-appearing.
We're off on the river in an hour or so, as long as its dry, don't mind the cold, can wrap up well, and if it is going to be a hard winter, I'm fully equipped for that as well.
There's lots of games involving balls on telly at the moment so LG probably sat staring at them, hoping he's OK and not fell down a hole courtesy of Scout
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
You are probably aware but the minimum you can order is 500 litres and we have found that with any supplier.
Well vaguely remember the last time they said something along those lines, but have always needed more than that the last three times anyway.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
but felt embarrassed leaving it for a year then suddenly re-appearing.
Don't be embarrassed 'cos you are helping them, they would have to pay to get rid of offcuts and anyway if you tell them you broke a rib I'm sure they would understand.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2015, 10:17 AM
Morning all. Hope you are having a good day and enjoying the sunshine. Just tried to watch itv on catchup but because I couldn't remember my password they have locked me out for 30 minutes so will watch the programme later. When I do I bet it is a load of rubbish. bfn. Just noticed that we are all worried about LG. Wonder where he is? Mind you lots of people seem to disappear and then come back. Problem is can't get in touch with them all becasue of privacy clauses. Oh well. Hope he and everyone else is ok that hasn't been on for awhile. ttfn.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >