register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Was cold and dull earlier on,sun trying to get through. Now it is lovely and sunny but not very warm. Read that a swan from Russia is already here, a week early, and they usually are ahead of a bad winter. I've got my BearPaw boots and my snowboarding trousers so ready to face anything it cares to do.
Love the castle Sue, really into medieval history as well as per history and like having a look round places like that and finding out where they fitted in to history.
Off on the bone run in a while and am going to try to get the info as to where that puppy came from last week, if I'm successful the info will be passed onto the right quarters, have got a cover story as to why I'm asking,. I want to make sure they are prevented from being able to carry on, hoping the pet shop that sold them will be traced as well
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Read that a swan from Russia is already here, a week early, and they usually are ahead of a bad winter.
Hi June, yes it seems that we may be in for a harsh winter, my wife was on Skype to our friends in CZ a few days ago and they said that all the country folk are talking about a very cold winter, that means maybe minus 25 C Mind you it has usually warmed up a bit by the time it gets to them and a bit more by the time it has passed over Germany and reached UK.

Gawd only knows how cold it must be where it starts it's journey in Eastern Russia
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 11:30 AM
I hope not too cold and too much snow if any. Mind you I do have a working boiler this winter and a lovely big log burner also.
My fear would be Gorden getting cut off in the snow in London not bothered if he was here and had to take an extended break.

We will be seeing the swans flying into Welney soon and the swan feed going on must try to get there this year.
I will never forget the first time I saw the swans flying over Welney it was December 5th 2013 I was driving over to Essex on a Saturday for a day out with Gill. It was a spectacular sight.
We get to see them round here in the farmers fields laying in the fields.

Must be stress then griff.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi Lynn, I didn't see them last winter but then we did have a lot going on, will keep an eye out now for them. As it happens our oil supplier has just e-mailed me to say "it's going to be cold - order your oil now" well they would say that wouldn't they

They also included this article from the DT, not sure if I was able to copy the URL as I'm currently out of my 'free access' with them and I'm too mean to pay a subscription

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weat...30YEIN,11BSW,1

So if you don't normally look at the DT then you'll be OK
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Oooh my remember 2009/10 because Ollie became ill in 2010 and we were taking him the two nights running too Potters Bar in snowy and icy conditions along the M25. Thank goodness it was late at night so we had a clear run.
When he came home in December Gorden was in the garden in the snow and freezing conditions building him his ramp up the steps to the small piece of garden he used for doing his business.
Michael would often take over from us put his harness on and walk him up the ramp and down and wait in the garden with his coat on and having a smoke.
Dillon will love and I suppose the good thing about being here is the large garden he can run and frolic in it and we can play games so no need for walking on the treacherous paths.
Our roads will hopefully be clear due to it being an agricultural area and the farm traffic and large transport needing to get to the main roads so hopefully driving will not be difficult. Better still we will have a small amount of snow for a short time.

Harvey not sure if they deal in Suffolk but have you heard of these people ? We have just set up an account with them £40 a month but have been using them for the last 3 oil deliveries very competitive.
Google boilerjuice or type in www.boilerjuice.com.

Just cleaned the log burner glass did a few weeks ago but not successful used some special cleaner and elbow grease. It got very coked up might of been the apple logs we used last winter they are very sticky and the fact the fire rope round the door needed replacing which Gorden did a few weeks ago.
Now have a fire going to take the chill off.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all, Bright and sunny here. Even had to pull the curtain across because I can't see the screen properly. Going to make a list of what I have bought so far for Christmas pressies and then see who to buy for and what to buy by looking at various websites. Men are the hardest to buy for. Any ideas? Have a good day everyone. Enjoy your trip out Nippy. Hope Rosies foot is better today Mandy. bfn.
Rosie's foot is fine thanks, you wouldn't even know she'd had any bother with it. Thank you for asking
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Good news Rosie's foot is better Mandy.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Afternoon,
Been for breakfast with my friend this morning, then met my mum in law. It's dropped a lot cooler now hasn't it brr!!
Need to get my winter coat sorted. Could do with a new one really.
Hopefully you get the answers TW
Going to have a cuppa and watch Judge Rinder before work
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Thanks Lynn, must have just been a graze.,
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Told ya she was being a diva,I've got 5 of them here, must be catching, or hereditary I thought Zen was being murdered last night, shortly after tea. Ran out, and she had looked at Cariad's bone and was being chastised the minute I came out Cariad got off her, Zen came running over to me tail wagging, not a mark on her.
I pointed at Cariad and said YOU - STOP IT - NOW, she looked at me,shrugged her shoulders and sauntered off, yeah she is dead scared - NOT Zen, happy as Larry, went off to see who else she could torment
Not only do I have the address, but I have the name of the people where that puppy came from AND she let slip the name of the pet shop, a very big well known one in Manchester. The pups are £495. She's taken her to the vets for her second vax (they had been vax) and the vet said she was far too young and come back in 4 weeks.
I'm going to do a bit of googling now and see what I can find out. I've also seen the puppy, not very sociable, unsurprisingly considering whats happened to her recently. Quite tiny, small feet and very fine boned, not a lot of growth in her I don't think. Sweet face, she's probably better off than her litter mates, I feel sick thinking about it.
I asked £500 for Mabs puppies, and they were chipped, vet checked (properly) eye screened and vaccinated.Mum had pre and post natal care, scanned, check ups, the works. I slept on the couch for 2 weeks, I didn't sleep for the 2 nights leading up to them being born and worked my socks off keeping them clean, playing with them, feeding them properly, and giving them a good start in life. That man in the pet shop went home very night and probably never even gave them a passing thought till the next morning Apparently he only takes cash, no debit or credit cards. Nice living, he's got kittens in at the moment for £35 each and has been negotiating to buy a litter of Shih Tzu's apparently.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »