View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2015, 04:21 PM
I have to confess I do not understand these tablets, and what you can achieve with them. I need instruction on them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Evening everyone. Getting a tad chilly here now but the washing mostly dried. Just needed a quick tumble.
Poor Rosie glad that's over for her for now.
Glad they seem to of sorted the hearing devices Moyra.
You will be very svelte June all that walking.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2015, 05:44 PM
I wish Lynn, but it could be worse,I could be NOT walking, I piled it on when I stopped riding 5 days a week and doing 25 mile distance rides,so the girls are keeping me a bit slimmer, but you can't beat having a horse for getting rid of that weight, you work it off.
Moyra, I've got the Hudl tablet that my son bought me a couple of years ago, its OK, but I would never have one instead of a laptop, there's loads of stuff you can't do on it, and it is always doing the wrong thing. I keep it upstairs and use it when I go to bed to read the papers and stuff like that.
Lovely they've sorted your hearing aids out and you feel happier now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2015, 07:01 PM
The riding certainly does then there's all the mucking out, shifting hay bales and grooming.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2015, 07:38 PM
i just use my tablets for surfing online, downloading films/programs music and emails, you can do documents and stuff on it too but i don't bother with that sort of stuff.
haven't had a proper look at it and the instructions are on the device not in a book...never bother with the instructions anyway...until i need to do something and don't know how to Lol
Been to training deags did great, they have taught me to give her a command and get her to go behind my legs... this way when there is a big dog she is scared of i can put her behind me so she feels safe, she was great with the other dogs tonight even with all their barking Lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
This will be our 3rd winter here and lived here 2 years on the 25th.
At least him and Michael are not on the boat this winter so thankful for small mercies.
Gosh can hardly believe it I well remember when you were moving and it seems like only yesterday.

But, in a few weeks we will have been here for one year, where does all the time go
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Evening all. That's interesting griff with the behind command as we were shown that years ago by Barbara Sykes of Freedom of Spirit collies. Use it at times to teach dogs that pull a lot. Works very well. Off now to read in bed as I find that easier than sitting on the settee and nodding off and then having to get up and go to bed. So start off in bed and if I nod off that is good as long as I don't drop the book on Tyto who sleeps by the side of the bed. Sleep well everyone when you do go to bed. ttfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Thats a very good idea Griff, something I've never taught mine either. Think I will start experimenting with the 2 older girls and work downwards in age
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Hi all
Well had the strangest thing happen at work, I was on the hot food counter tonight. I'd sold out of chickens and had put 2 more in, a chap came and asked how long would they be, so told him 15mins. He said ok he'd come back, he did and waited for a few mins, I opened oven door took temps and then wrote them down ( I have to do that before I take them out) and whilst I was writti g the temps down, he took a pic with his camera phone of the chickens in the oven!!! Now it took me by surprise, so I said 'have you just took a photo of my chickens??) he answered 'technically, one of them is mine, but I was just talking to someone) riveting conversation obviously
I told my boss, she said "he's not allowed to do that'
I just thought he was very weird

That's a good thing the trainer taught you Griff
Good night Brenda
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2015, 09:25 PM
It is a good idea, she was trying to climb up my leg the other day when a big dog came over, i am hoping it would never happen but....i would rather be bitten than my dog, last time both me and Laney got bitten and he suffered a lot more than me...destroyed my lovely well mannered dog that did.
Wow time flies both Lynn and Losos
got a lip full of cold sores......again!! At least they aren't too sore this time round, i wonder who i got them off originally...that's how you get them isn't it??
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >