06-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Coming up on This morning expensive puppies? Itv1
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Coming up on This morning expensive puppies? Itv1
They do talk some rubbish on that programme just let us hope there's something sensible said and that it helps to 'train' all the humans who think they know everything and get animals for 'status'

Although I do 'have a go' at a lot of the media these days, there is a use for them, they do reach large numbers of people, and with reading becomming a 'lost art' how else are humans going to learn
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Well what a waste of time that was.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2015, 12:31 PM
My boiler man had been and went then had to come back again. The fire valve is fitted outside the boiler and is cut into the oil feed pipe. He watched it while drinking his coffee tightened it up as there was a small drip. Watched again tightened it and it stopped leaking.
He had been gone 5 minutes and I noticed a drip again when I was in the conservatory run my finger under it and it was dripping a small amount of oil again. Rang the office they rung him and he turned round and came back.
Needed some more tightening fingers crossed its sorted now.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Hello all
I will read through to see if everyone is ok. I do hope everyone is ok.
It was really sunny and warm for a while here, but now it's back to the rain, I actually thought we might get a storm at one point
I went to look round a boarding kennel earlier, it came with good recommendation from a couple of people. It was a really nice place, told them how nervy Rosie gets, they have a quiet area, I am also sure I am more worried than she will be
I also went and had my eyebrows waxed, before I scare people with my furry brows
I am at work later, I'm ready for a week off, not long now.
Right now to see if everyone is ok by catching up
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Oh Lynn not again. More problems. Lets hope it is sorted now. Looks like rain again. Managed to get Tyto out for his three walks though so thats good. I have now washed all his towels as they say it will be dry tomorrow. Thought I had more spare ones but can't find them. Oh well never mind. ttfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Oh I missed it on This Morning,what was it about. Talking about puppies...... Went for bones today and lady said to me she had a Northern Inuit puppy, right I said, she'd had her a week, and she is 8 weeks old now....right.....she came from a pet shop in Manchester,just her left.So this pet shop was selling puppies about 6 weeks old then were they (thought this was against the law) then she showed me the 'pedigree'.... Turned out not be a pedigree as we would know it. Puppy was vet checked by the 'breeders' vet,OK, where it said microchipped, it said to be carried out by owners, Parents...don't make me laugh. Father is a siberian husky (no name or health checks given and no other info as to background) mother is a Timber Dog x Northern Inuit, so puppy wasn't a Northern Inuit either, no other info given on this pedigree apart from the fact the breeders are in Wales. Lady is saying to me how much is she worth they go for £7-800 don't they. I said highly unlikely and she's not an NI anyway and what were the pet shop doing selling her a 7 week old puppy anyway, so it went a bit quiet then. Totally absolutely disgusted, apparently there was a whole litter of them and this poor puppy, with the runs by the way and not well at all, was the last one. She then starts reading the 'pedigree' as if to prove me wrong, so she'd never read it before obviously otherwise she'd know. There are times when I could do serious injury to people and this is one of them
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Oh June, the ignorance of some people defies belief. Just had Amber out for her third walk of the day and now she is flat out. Feel like doing likewise myself. Himself is home didn't go fishing in the end but went shopping instead and has been busy with his fish tanks since he got home so all quiet on the western front. Been better behaved for a few days now, gratefully received.

I must get some washing done tonight with a bit of luck will get it dry tomorrow as it is supposed to be a dry day. Managed to miss the rain today in and out in between showers.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2015, 05:31 PM
I think I was supposed to be envious she had got herself a 'bargain'
If the puppy had been a registered NI then I would have been onto them like lightening and given them the address of the people who had sent her and her siblings to a pet shop at an age when they should still have been with their mum. No name on the so called 'documentation' but the address would have been enough to give them to start off with I'm sure. As it was the woman was too stupid to even read the paperwork she'd been given
Heard an even worse tale a couple of days ago, someone I know breeds GSD's and she got a phone call from a 'foreign lady' as she delicately put it. Did she want to buy some 2 WEEK OLD PUPPIES when she said she didn't buy puppies the person was insistent that it said so on her website, words were exchanged in which the person was left in no doubt as to the breeder's opinion of them How very very sad, and this is the fate that could have befallen the puppies left in the petshop, sold to anyone with the money and bred from as early as possible and the puppies taken away far too soon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Lol TW, that is nearly as good as when i got kota...she had had her first jabs...by the time i arrived it was she had had her first jabs by..............the farmer!!! but they couldn't find the paperwork, when all the issues with her behaviour arose i asked the question was she from a puppy farm??? i never heard from her old owners ever again
Been to the drs, sorted out my medication, had a natter and all sorted
Mandy, pleased you feel happy with the kennels, sure rosie will be fine
Lynn, fingers crossed the leak is fixed
Moyra, pleased himself is being good!
had a chat with my neighbour, she called whn i was out as the dogs were noisy, she thought i had had an accident and they were trying to get help for me Lol
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »