register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Little yorkie was offlead as well, although, bang on correct Brenda, there was that flexi lead in the lady's hand
Thank goodness, Tim's turned up and they're married
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Yep I can see trouble brewing though. Doc martin next. About a dog?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Watching the programme with Neil Oliver about Celts as its a period of history I'm very interested in
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
then took Zenith for her walk and mini training session there was a really tiny yorkie with her elderly owner in the park, and Zenith saw them before I did, so she bounded over, little yorkie showing her teeth and seeing her off, Zen a bit nonplussed by this and wanted to play, elderly owner unable to cope with it all, so I took us off the park quickly, as not worth trying to explain she is 4 MONTHS OLD and wants to play with everything she sees, or see what it tastes like, she definitely wasn't interested in what the yorkie tasted like, and sadly the yorkie didn't want to play.
But you would think that even someone with half a brain could see that she's a puppy

I'm beginning to know what you face now that we have Casey. He's a real gentle giant but he does tend to rush up to other dogs.

I was waiting for OH to do some shopping in Homebase / Dunelms and deliberately went to the far corner of the car park hoping I would not see anyone. Had the back door up and Casey on a lead tied to one of the tie down hooks in the car floor (but with a small bit of slack of course) elderly women comes along with tiny Yorkie, Casey gets up and gallops towards her, takes up the slack, rope breaks (It's half inch nylon with a 200 Kg. load capacity) she starts screaming while Casey plays with and licks the Yorkie (Must have been female 'tho I never got to see )

Women calmed down a bit then especially when I showed her the broken rope. Like you say it's often not worth trying to explain to some people but I couldn't resist telling her that a dog hears a 'scream' as an animal in distress and she shouldn't do that. She had no idea about that

That was the point when I really did know that Casey is not aggressive, we are working on his approach to other dogs and I concede that he probably does look like an Exocet missile heading towards you, but don't you think that 'off lead' with no traffic around dogs will 'sort themselves out' unless they really have been abused, attacked, or are medically (mentally) wrong.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Nothing at all would have happened like you say Harvey, they would have ended up playing chase or something, and the yorkie in question with Zen today showed her teeth and growled and Zen immediately backed off. Its people's perceptions and reactions, and few know that if you scream and/or go hysterical then it really turns the heat up and you have a riot on your hands.
Zen's not quite old enough to go on a walk as such, so the little park works well for us, sadly will have to keep Zen onlead now until I have double checked there is no one coming in round the corner who is likely to fall in a dead faint due to fear After her little training session, it is Zen's reward (after chicken) to go offlead and have a run round, so a bit sad that is going to be curtailed really
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Mums mate rung up....1 hour 30 later!!! i have missed the wedding..why did he change his mind? mums mate is a real laugh though, just got some african land snails and his mum wouldn't let him have them at home i nearly wee'd myself when he came out with that Lol
The best flexi lead incident i ever witnessed was a lady i knows son, he was walking her dog in the dark, i was heading home to my flat with my old staff, next thing Jakey is at the side of us...it was pitch dark and i thought he was off lead so i was talking to him and asking why he was out on his own, next thing i see a fella (the ladies son) with something in his hand....jakey was on a flexi, the damn thing was full loose and trailing in the road, had a car come down that road Jakey would have been a gonna... i don't like flexis much but see that they can be useful up a field with a harness, definitely not suitable for pavement walking unless they are clicked as a short lead...but that is just my preference
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
and few know that if you scream and/or go hysterical then it really turns the heat up and you have a riot on your hands.
Zen's not quite old enough to go on a walk as such, so the little park works well for us, sadly will have to keep Zen onlead now
I feel sad for you and Zenith also, it's not much to ask that a young puppy can have a bit of freedom and frolicking on the grass maybe meet other dogs generally get to know the big wide world

The screaming / hysterical thing is mentioned in many books and by many trainers and such but people just don't want to take a bit of time to learn.

ETA:-
Just been told I have to go tidy up the kitchen as I left it in a bit of a mess when preparing dogs meal tonight !!!!
So goodnight to all, see you tomorrow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Most people rush over the road to her and make a fuss of her, so this was a very sad one off, she is so friendly and loves people, but is polite as well. I'll play it by ear and hopefully she'll get her run round still, but I'll have to be a lot more aware and keep her from trouble.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Night night all.zzzzzzzz
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Lol Harvey you naughty boy!!!! See that LG, he would have had a skivvy to tidy up for him lol
took myself off to bed, it is chucking down, deags wouldn't wee so she will have to wait....got a bit wet, normally i will stay out until she goes but thought it not wise with a cold
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >