register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Rained here till just after 11, was in the middle of a phone call, but once it finished I took everyone off to the river in shifts, then took Zenith for her walk and mini training session.
there was a really tiny yorkie with her elderly owner in the park, and Zenith saw them before I did, so she bounded over, little yorkie as showing her teeth and seeing her off, Zen a bit nonplussed by this and wanted to play, elderly owner unable to cope with it all, so I took us off the park quickly, as not worth trying to explain she is 4 MONTHS OLD and wants to play with everything she sees, or see what it tastes like, she definitely wasn't interested in what the yorkie tasted like, and sadly the yorkie didn't want to play.
Been for lpg for the car,filled it up for £11.43, I'm going to have to put petrol in as well this week as am down to quarter of a tank, keep putting off going for shavings, but it will have to be this week as on my last bale now, so petrol can go in up there as it is always cheaper than anywhere else for some strange reason
Hope you got on alright at the hospital, Mandy and you finally got out for your paper Nippy.
All cosy and tucked up there now eh Lynn
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Well surprisingly it has been dry here all day contrary to forecasts. I hope it hasn't been too bad elsewhere. Have a good evening all. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 03:54 PM
well we have had a horrible soggy dreary day here...if i did depressed it would be depressing Lol
made myself a biryiani in my slow cooker...i have decided i love my slow cooker, got enough for today and tomorrow too.
TW, at least you took Zenith away...the problem is peope who don't and it gets the rest a bad name... all little ones need to learn that not everyone wants to be their mate...deags has no idea at all, a dog has a go at her and she will still want to be it's buddy...dumbass Lol
Just spoken to my aunty as i am at the drs tomorrow so won't get chance, she ahd a new extension built with bedroom and en suite...the en suite tiles are blemished and she paid a bomb so has had the company she got them off out to see what can be done, the quote off the builder to take it all out and re-do it £5500...yikes!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Hm the power of a good reca!l or instant down. Until then sorry but dogs should be on lead. Oops now I know I have upset some of you but hey ho.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 05:45 PM
My dogs never go near other dogs.... i am the one who has other dogs approach them, deags is such a good natured thing she takes no offence to a dog trying to have a pop...will gladly let it come back and not grumble (actually kota is the same)...as i say at least TW had the sense to see the situation and take the pup away, where i live people keep their brains in their shoes and allow dogs to run up to kids, your dogs, chase cats etc etc and if they see you struggling to hold your dogs lead just stand and watch and most of the time laugh
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2015, 06:18 PM
I know Brenda, and my big dogs would not have been offlead and until now the only person I have seen at that time of day has been the guy with the white staffy, who she plays with.
Puppies are non combatative anyway and any dog will see them off. My big girls only ever go offlead when they are on the river, Mabs is offlead a lot because she is really good, except when I want to put her lead ON, but got a way round that now. If the rest are in a public place with other dogs around then they are onlead, Lona is offlead sometimes, depends on circumstances. Keshi is never offlead because she is full of Goodwill and wants to play, her idea of play is to jump up and down on the other dog, who surprisingly (for Keshi) is scared out of its wits and does a runner, with Kesh following, so she is now on a lunge line and has to walk nicely on a short lead when near other dogs. Sometimes we'll have a game of ball on the field, but that ends if someone else comes on, girls go onlead and we go home. I don't give other people the chance, because they are numbnuts mostly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 06:30 PM
just spoke to my mum, apparently my dad was absolutely splattered last night and had to be helped home....after dancing to george michael Lol...........my dad never ever dances, i have asked where the video evidence is but she says it doesn't exist...hmmmm i thought everyone filmed stuff nowadays
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Oh how I wish there were more like you June and Griff that lived round here. Still we try to show people by association. Sometimes it works. Too many people think their dogs should play with everyone's dogs and then say oh that will teach them if something happens. Oh well Corrie's on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Brenda, thats why I take my dogs to training (Zenith does her Puppy Foundation Test next week) and thats why Griff takes hers. The lady with the tiny Yorkie was not in sight and round a corner when I let Zen off (after her 2 minute training session) and she was running round enjoying the freedom, never ever seen her there before, so not like she was usually around. In future I will sit further up whilst Zen is having a gallop and if she comes on again I will see her before she comes through the gate, and Zen will go onlead. We left immediately I had got Zen onlead, at 4 months she can do little recalls, but calling her from a distraction and what is a potential playmate in her mind, is way out of her league at present.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Oh bless her I am sure you will win with her. I just love the dogs that come round a corner attached to a flexi and then..…..... the owner appears. or those on bicycles with dog attached. Oh well more corrie in a mo. Gosh its chilly tonight and chucking it down. Oh crumbs a yorkie on TV with curlers.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >