View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2015, 05:51 AM

Good Morning Daily Dogsey Thread(Thursday)

My word 1st October, where did September go, where did a lot of months go they just seem to have whizzed by!

I wish you luck Lynn with trying to stop the speeding lorries passed your cottage. Bit off to say the least.

June, not sure what you are going to do with Zenith proper little madam isn't she?

Griff hope you are not feeling too sick on your new increase in meds this morning.

Have a good day everyone, God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2015, 07:05 AM
Good morning Moyra and everyone.
Just to show you I can get up in the morning!! Nice sunny day here.
See you all later.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Good morning, everyone. Finally got my toothache about sorted. Turns out I have a wisdom tooth that has cracked badly beneath the gum (how on EARTH did that happen?) and thus has begun to decay and the bad spot is sitting right on the tooth nerve causing severe pain.

They wondered how I wasn't in tears or screaming in pain after they saw the X-Ray. Very painful stuff. The tooth can't be saved due to the location of it, the damage below the root, the fact that it is merely a half grown wisdom tooth anyway, and level of internal decay. The rest of my teeth are healthy surprisingly enough.

It is scheduled to be extracted on the 27th of this month. Earliest they had. Got lots of pain medication in the meantime. It works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't but won't be long now. Hope everyone is doing okay and everyone's day goes well. See everyone later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Oh Myra that sounds dreadfully painful, I do hope the extraction will resolve the problem and you will finally get some relief from it.

NippyJen, yes the sun has finally come out here. I am trying to wear my hearing aids again, but not sure I can get used to them they just sound so loud. I might ask him to tone them down a bit. I haven't been able to wear them much as I have been suffering ear ache with this cold I seem to have caught.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks Moyra. So sorry about the cold, too. Nasty things they are. I always liked that "citrusy" hot drink medicine stuff when I had colds. Haven't had a cold since I was 17 but it always helped. Wish I could think of the name of it. It does make one feel so much better. Sorry about the earache too. Seems everyone is having some issues.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Morning Moyra, Nippy Jen and Myra and all who follow.

Lovely sunny day again.
We had 22 villagers in the pub last night for the meeting some from Outwell too. Most were from the roads either side of the river across the junction to us there houses are suffering terribly. We get the odd lorry breaking the weight restriction in place but we have more speeding cars although the other two roads suffer with them too. A few people from our road also.
Apparently the parish councils and Norfolk Council do not really care and there ethos about the roads are different to Cambridgeshire. It will be a long hard fight and end up with no changes.
You have to try though.

Hope your feeling bettter Nippy Jen.
Sorry about the ear ache Moyra.
Ouch Myra.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Good morning

Hello Nippy nice to see you so early

Toothache is the worst pain I think hopefully the painkillers will keep it at a manageable level.

Hope something can be done about the traffic on your roads but unless you have a councillor living near you and also suffering I doubt anything will be done. Out of site and out of mind. We had it where we used to live, road was awful, very narrow and badly maintained. It was used as a rat run and until I was nearly hit by a car and ended up with my face badly grazed and bruised from flinging myself out of the way and falling over the dog I had with me then they did something. The surface was good by they still used it as a race track

Hope your cold soon goes Moyra and that the ear ache improves.

Lovely day here. Out in the garden shortly for another go. Have a friend coming this afternoon for a natter and putting the world to rights

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Ouchie Myra, I feel so sorry for you, I hate toothache
Moyra, Brian had 2 hearing aids, he never got on with them and they languish somewhere in a drawer and I continue to shout
Lynn, good luck with those councils, I think you have a long fight ahead of you I'm starting to feel better thanks
Sue, first of the month (inch punch by the way ) a new start .....won't last long !
My son in law starts his new job today so I expect I shall get a lengthy phone call tonight.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Nice bright sunny morning, feels quite cool, am going to walk the girls today rather than take them on the river, they love going down there, but I do miss my walks onto the Country Park, always reminds me of riding on there, I think thats why I like it so much I can remember the fantastic rides I used to have in all seasons, its such a big place.
Lynn, I too hope you manage to get things done, sadly, as Sue has said, something horrid has to happen before the local councils listen, unless of course one happens to live in the affected area, whole new ball game then!
Tow path walk up to the next village with Lona and Mabs and Cariad and Keshi can go onto the football field. Zenith can have her walk up to the little park, once she's 5 months I can take her further, but she's enjoying her little outings and training sessions. She was so funny last night, homed straight in on son's plate, she's so heavy I had to wrestle her out, you couldn't lift her and not snap in half You can't be cross really, she has this tail wagging like mad with a big happy smile on her face and full of love for everyone she meets
Hoping your son-in-laws job goes well on his first day, Nippy, and he likes it, he better had hadn't he, after moving away like that!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Morning Sue. We have several councillors in the village but they do not seem bothered. A man a bit further down from me had an incident the other week with his young granddaughter.
He let go of her hand while walking round the parked car which he says was silly but a bus breaking the 30mph speed limit nearly hit them all while they tried to retrieve her.
He took the number his wife and daughter tried to catch the bus up by following it but couldn't so he rung the bus company. He put his hands up to letting go of her hand which gave her the opportunity to move away from the car but the bus didn't stop while he was waving it down it was going too fast.
Buses and apparently modern lorries have trackers now so the manager watched the on board video and was appalled at the speed the driver was doing and his not stopping. The driver was sacked and was one of their premium drivers.
Sheena on March riverside who runs a day trip narrow boat has Elizabeth Truss coming next Friday for a tour up the river as at the top of the river end of our village the bank is eroding and the coping stones on the edge of the road are collapsing so she will be mentioning that too.
We know we have a fight and we may not win but you have to try no good moaning and doing nothing.
Glad your feeling better Nippy Jen.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >