Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2005, 10:49 PM

The Who Diary / Day 5

Day 5 of my captivity.

It started with the same routine. The inmates in the other holding cell chattering and banging their ration bowls about calling for "free drink" and "cookie?" and for the larger human "Oooooooo Mmmmmmiiiiiiikeee!" The sun is not up and they begin their protests.

They are not as brainwashed as their captors would like to think.

The sprinkler human again begins by grabbing me from my warm bed and swabbing my throat. The warm cereal tube passes down with such ease. Mmmmm. My crop is full! I need to keep my neck extended today otherwise I am short of breath.

As long as I hold this position I need not gasp. Must not appear to be weakened to my captors. I have information on this "dining room" cell area of the human dwelling.

This is where they eat. They eat no seeds. They are fruit and MEAT eaters. They fill me with sweet scone and cookies and will in turn eat me when they feel the time is right.

I must escape quickly! Early this afternoon I fell asleep. When I awoke I felt so much stronger. I was able to breathe without effort and somehow escaped my cell. Not long afterwards the human sprinkler came to the cell. I am fortunate that I was not seen.

The irrigation system was turned on full force. She had found a fallen captive in my cell and irrigated the body. There were attempts to inflate the fallen dove but the lungs did not hold the human breath.

The remains of this dove were removed from my cell and taken outside. The humans there sprinkled the ground with their eyes and laid the dove in the ground with a sprig of flowering plant. This sprinkling appears to be some ritual. Perhaps it will make the outdoor ground cover grow better?

I do not understand. I do not remember having a cell mate. I am also confused as to how I was able to escape without effort, not only from the solitary confinement cell but from the human dwelling. It was as though I could go through solid structures.

Very curious!

I see someone up ahead. It is my brother! All this time I thought he had been caught by a cat and eaten. But there he is happy to see me. Wait....My Mum is there too. She was badly hurt when she struck one of those clear solid structures that are part of the human dwelling.

No bombing raids to free me are needed. The human captors maybe were not so bad. ((I must resist the brain washings and indoctrination they began!))

I have escaped my captivity and feel healthier and happier than I have ever been. I must leave you now and see my family. They wait for me at the Bridge.

Ohhh. Little seeds and scone and cookies. Yes my friends I will be happy here.

Thank you for caring about me.

~~Who~~
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Fly free and strong in the sunshine little Who
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

18-09-2005, 11:15 PM
aww thas sad
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Thank you Shadowboxer. I'm sure he is now, after having some sweet raspberry scone.

C3D
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2005, 03:22 AM
Thanks eRaze.

Sprinkler human is getting the keyboard all wet again.

Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Awww, that is lovely and sad at the same time!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 10:47 AM
C3D, where did you learn to write that way, you should be banned! I am sitting at work, crying my eyes out

I am so sorry that Who didn't make it in our world, but hope he is happy in the next.

It was a beautiful thing you did C3D, his diary was incredibly written
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Oooh Noooo, he died I really thought that he would make it now, oooh what a shame C3D and after everything you did A least little Who is in a better place now And you should write books because you are brilliant The diary was wonderful and I'm sure everyone loved reading it, even though it was a very sad ending

Well done C3D for making a little birds last days very happy

I was just going to say how beautiful he was as well before I learned that he died
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2005, 02:24 AM
Hi Ashlady.

Thanks for liking / banning me for my writings.

I just sit down here at the 'puter and write what is in my little brain. From the brain to finger tips to keyboard and posted. No edits just a quickie spell check. What am I saying? Who wrote the diary.....not me.

I have just now been able to read the Who Diary without turning on the sprinkler.

Thank you for your concern. Oooooooo Mmmmmiiiiiiike planted a clump of Forget-me-not flowers on Who's grave Sunday. Mourning Doves love those wee black seeds.

C3D
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2005, 02:43 AM
Hi there Foxy.

Thank you for your kindness. I don't know about writing books. I have a bunch of life experiences that I share from time to time in posts on the Internet. Who's story, without doubt, was SUPPOSED TO have a happier ending.

He was supposed to tell of his adventures to his Great-grand egg!

I was thinking this morning that I might never really find out what Who died of. The culture on his throat is still pending. Some swabs that were rolled on slides for a pathologist to look at and maybe identify some tell-tale cells were accidently mis-handled. An incorrect stain, or something like that, made the slides messed up and the diagnosis based on the cells seen was inconclusive. Sooooooooo........If the culture grows nothing we will never know. Just have speculation.

I thought that if Who died, I would take a sample from his throat and send that in for a pathologist to review. Once Who died.....I just could not take a sample from his throat or cut him in any way. He had passed away. He could not feel anything at that point. I could only help the other birds outside by finding out for sure why Who had that obstruction in his throat.

But ......I just could not do that to the little bird that had quickly become so much a part of our lives. ((Oh oh. Sprinkler system is going on.)) My husband, a pediatric surgeon, could not do it either. It was probably the wrong decision for the rest of the birds outside but emotionally for us it was the right decision at the time.

Hmmmmmmm. Crazy Americans, ehh?

I'll let you know when we find out about the culture. I just hope I will not have to catch any more Whos because of this illness.

Lydia
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >