Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2014, 06:40 PM

What does your dog do for you?

im proud to say I've been owned by dogs for 26 odd years ,and yes I did say I'm owned lol.
I just can't enjoy life without my furry friends.
He helps keep me mobile which is a big worry for me.and having him means I have to go out.
He never gets mad at me . Doesn't care what I'm wearing .
Always up for a cuddle. For me when I feel ill with a flare ,nothing feels better then a hug round his neck with his soft warm fur.And even though this might sound funny to someone who's not a dog lover, the rush of love I feel when he comes for a cuddle is better then with a person.
Think that comes from knowing they choose to love you, there nothing behind there affection .
For me they make a family .
What does your fur baby do for you.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Welcomes me home after half an hour like I've been gone for a year
Turns a king size bed into a single one,with me hanging off the edge
Makes me laugh everyday Loves me everyday
We are joined at the hip,don't often see one without the other.I know lots of people say this and I have some really good friends, but she's my best Friend
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-11-2014, 07:20 PM
For the past (A lot of years) my giant sized babies, keep me sane.

Know it is short but best way I can describe it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2014, 11:02 PM
The most amazing thing about any dog is their desire to be 'together' or to keep the 'pack' together. They know that to survive the pack must be safe and therefore each member must play a part and where necessary each must be willing to defend the other members. You don't always see that in humans.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Rosie keeps me sane.

She lightens the mood and keeps us rolling with laughing.

Since she came into our lives just over three years ago she's managed to get my hubby to go out with us in all weathers for our walks which is a miracle because he rarely used to go out with me and our previous dogs just for walks. As he's diabetic, it's really great for his health.

She's fun and turns even the worst of moods lighter.

Bless her, she's an angel
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Pereg makes me get up in the morning - mind you she also makes me get up at least once during the night as she needs to go out for a pee - but she gives me a reason to get up.

She gives me unconditional love and makes my life complete.

And like LMost's dog - she keeps me sane!
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-12-2014, 10:39 AM
My dogs "make" me go out - in more ways than one as if I am running late for a walk they stare/glare at me!

I have also met some great people though my dogs

They are great feet and bed-warmers too
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-12-2014, 04:56 PM
He's my companion 24/7 wether it's at 4 in the morning sitting in the parlour with me, lieing on the sofa after tea or sitting up all night next to me watching over a problem calving.

He's the one person I can tell everything too and is the only person that won't turn his back on me,
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Our three are our family, they help me so much, I have loads of health issues and they have kept me mobile after my stroke, walking them is wonderful for all of us
whippetjane
New Member!
Female 

03-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Oh this is a hard one and i could go on and on.Dogs don't judge you.They didn't pick you,you picked them from a litter.I have bi polar disorder,amongst other illnesses,from child hood i have had a dog around me.Infact everyone that knows me has always said your dogs come first.What they mean to me.I am protected,i can shout scream be in bad mood.But one lick and a cuddle and i settle down.I can moan they listen but don't answer.Well not really i just look in their eyes and i see the love.I need them and they need me.My dogs are a refection of me.That is a stffordshire bull terrier.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >