register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Whats the point in getting all over excited, they'll be here when they're here. In Mabs's case considerably earlier than anyone could have imagined!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Whats the point in getting all over excited, they'll be here when they're here. In Mabs's case considerably earlier than anyone could have imagined!!!
See,your used to all this Mabs puppies were the first one's I have EVER waited on being born.Never had any experience with puppy births or a dog being pregnant even Kinda sad in a way.So when it came to Mabs turn OMG I was like a headless chicken,my heart was thumping..didn't know whether to laugh or cry at times
Defo top of my list of Dogsey favourite moments
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2013, 08:14 PM
The only thing I can be definite about is, Expect the Unexpected
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Valuable lesson learnt for me.....turn off the cooker!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Especially if they sneeze!

Actually that was the girl I gave to Mother to get her, Mother I mean, to think of someone/something other than herself. I had kept her, the dog I mean, not Mother, as she was a beautiful girl and the last of that particular line, and I wanted to breed from her. But she never came into season in spite of having a series of rather expensive hormone shots.

Anyhow, Mother went on holiday and I had her, the dog I mean, back with me for a fortnight. I was also looking after a dog from a litter from another of my girls while his owner went on holiday.

Well, my girls were not in season so I had no worry about them all mixing, but Mother's girl must have having a silent season...

...not that I knew of course, but I went round to Mother's about five weeks later as I wanted to drop something off for her [Mother lived round the corner and I had her key] and when I let myself in I looked at Cass and thought Oooooops...

...left a note for Mother to phone me when she got back in and said erm, got something to tell you, you are going to be a grandmother again.

Mother let out a shriek and then said but you cannot be having another baby as you have had a hysterectomy, and I said no, not me, but Cass!

[Cass came back to me the week before she was due, and stayed until after her pups had gone to their new homes.]
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 09:12 PM
I keep coming back and checking this thread ........... talk about suspense I'll keep coming back and checking to see if the puppies have been born. Best of luck to both of you.
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
This thread is making my nerves bad!
I'm nervous all week! Haha. I am going to make her another vet appointment for tomorrow and have her looked at again.
She is doing great though. Mostly a lot of sleeping, still eating good, and she has been making a "nest"

When mine are on the last couple of days they only go 10 minute walks several times a day, just to get them out and stretch their legs really, have a sniff round, loo break and then back home, really slow and relaxed stuff.
Okay sounds good! Short walks.

Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
I keep coming back and checking this thread ........... talk about suspense I'll keep coming back and checking to see if the puppies have been born. Best of luck to both of you.
Thanks!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 11:35 PM
at Malka's story...oops

Monica,hope everything goes well at the vets..good luck
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
at Malka's story...oops

Monica,hope everything goes well at the vets..good luck
Thanks hun!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Good luck at the vet today Monica - maybe they can scan her to see what those puppies are up to? Who knows, she might even produce one or more while she is there [or on the way there or back!]

Everything is crossed here for her and her puppies. xx
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »