View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluebunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2011, 08:06 PM
He got really bad diarrhoea with mucus and blood After a trip to the vets 5 days later he was still as bad so i decieded to change his food As soon as i did he got better imdeedietly so it must of been the food
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Is this the Wafcol Salmon and Potato? I had Jake on that due to his allergies, and that is why I put him on to raw. I still use the Wafcol as treats though. I still have an old bag though, but it is nearly finished and have been planning on getting another... might not now...
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by bluebunny View Post
He got really bad diarrhoea with mucus and blood After a trip to the vets 5 days later he was still as bad so i decieded to change his food As soon as i did he got better imdeedietly so it must of been the food
Purely as interest, what food is he ok o n now? Yes s symptoms would be related to a food intolerance, poor chap.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Is this the Wafcol Salmon and Potato? I had Jake on that due to his allergies, and that is why I put him on to raw. I still use the Wafcol as treats though. I still have an old bag though, but it is nearly finished and have been planning on getting another... might not now...
Yes

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Yes

Oh... In that case, Jake won't be getting another bag for treats!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Hmmm, a few months ago we sang the praises of Wafcol Salmon & Potato to a good friend who had rehomed a lovely GSD with big bald patches and itchy skin. They put him on it to very good effect.

Husband saw this friend tonight, and he has just started a new bag. Result? Fur falling out again.

What the heck have they done to this food?? So far nobody has come forward to say that they have no trouble with it.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hmmm, a few months ago we sang the praises of Wafcol Salmon & Potato to a good friend who had rehomed a lovely GSD with big bald patches and itchy skin. They put him on it to very good effect.

Husband saw this friend tonight, and he has just started a new bag. Result? Fur falling out again.

What the heck have they done to this food?? So far nobody has come forward to say that they have no trouble with it.
It is scary when they start juggling a perfectly good food around and it has such negative effects on the animals that ate it.

I was just wondering tonight where its being made, Wafcol being a US company - perhaps it was always imported from the US and now it is being made somewhere other than the US?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 07:30 PM
It is scary when they start juggling a perfectly good food around and it has such negative effects on the animals that ate it.

I was just wondering tonight where its being made, Wafcol being a US company - perhaps it was always imported from the US and now it is being made somewhere other than the US?
I thought that it was an English Company.....and that it stood for Worcestershire Animal Feed Co. Ltd.?? Aahh, just had a nosey on Google and it was taken over by Armitage, which I presume is American.

You could well be right - all this could be as a result of Accountants demanding saved costs, and lower standards of manufacture.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I thought that it was an English Company.....and that it stood for Worcestershire Animal Feed Co. Ltd.?? Aahh, just had a nosey on Google and it was taken over by Armitage, which I presume is American.

You could well be right - all this could be as a result of Accountants demanding saved costs, and lower standards of manufacture.
You are Right, I stand corrected, all these years I have thought it was a US company Armitage (as far as I know) are a good old Briltish company

I had a follow up phone call today from Wafcols nutrition centre, which when all is said and done; is, good PR.

I suppose we will never really fnd out what has happened
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2011, 08:52 AM
By tomorrow Harvey will be on his new food totally.

I find it interesting that when soaked, it does not swell at all. Just stays the same as it was. Any other dry food I have ever fed including prescription diets have swollen to at least half their size.

All the terrible frantic itching has gone and his skin is almost back to normal colour, he even has time now to seek out his squeaky toy and wander round squeaking it

I'm hopeful that he will do ok on this food
Hi - If I am not mistaken Wafcol Salmon and potato has a minimum of 32% potato and this means it could have more which is quite a high percentage of starchy carbohydrate.
This will absorb a fair amount of water causing it to swell quite a bit.
Kibbles that contain starchy carbohydrates in either cereal or potato form will swell depending on the amount in the kibble.
The kibble that Harvey is on now is low in carbohydrates and high in protein and as protein doesn't absorb water it shouldn't swell much when water is added.
It's good that Harvey is doing ok so far and I hope this kibble is a success for him.
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »