Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2011, 11:34 PM

My dog has unusual sickness

Hey

My 8 year old cross jack russel has many allergies and is under the vet for several other conditions , but over the past week she has been sick every morning about 8 o clock ,she will eat grass and make herself sick , i havent seen her eat anything she shouldnt have , her sick is like a yellow bile .
I really hope you can help me
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 12:35 AM
I would check with the vet as she has so many other problems

but
when is she fed?
If its the same time every morning it may just be because she has an empty tummy - possibly give her some supper before bed?
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Thanks

she is fed 3 times a day , 8.15am 1.00pm 6.00pm
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 12:41 AM
ahh so she is being sick just before her morning meal - I would say it is possibly her being hungry/ excited about being fed?

I would try a supper - or mibby vary the times of her meals?

I am sure more knowladgable pepople will be on tomorow
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Thankyou sooo much , i will try giving her something now and see if that helps tomorrow , thankyou soo much
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2011, 07:54 AM
one of my sibes when she was a youngster was like this for months she always vomitted bile at around the same time every morning but sometimes throughout the day aswell, so we started feeding her late at night because some dogs produce too much bile when the stomach is empty, but this didnt work my vet was concerned that as she was a terrible chewer ,she had something embeded in her stomach so she ended up having xrays and scans but he could find nothing...in the end she was referred to another vets who performed an endoscopy who found that her stomach and bowel were completely healthy...i was £1000 lighter but at least i had peace of mind ...and not long after the sickness just stopped on its own lol

anyway sorry for the ramble...i would try giving her last meal around 10pm if i were you
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:07 AM
I've heard of this happening a lot and it being down to an empty stomach - a biscuit just before you go to bed can help. However, I think on two occasions I've seen these described, there was slightly more serious causes - one was something to do with the stomach (and I think a change in diet fixed it) and one was sadly a growth in the throat. I think I would try the late night snack but if there's no improvement within a couple of days, I would definately suggest a vet trip.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:26 AM
My JRT used to be the same. Give her a little something before you go to bed and as soon as you get up in the morning. This will stop the excess acid making her sick.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:47 AM
I agree it could be her tummy is too empty for too long. 6pm to 8:15 am is a long time. A small bedtime snack to tide her over might work wonders.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys
i gave her a bit of food late last night ,but this morning she was sick again ,so yeah maybe a call or visit to the vet is needed now .
Do you want to how she gets on ???
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »