09-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
So so sorry, will ask my friend to send absent healing xx
Thank you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I am sorry to read this, he had been doing so well. Hugs to you all.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you both. That is exactly what Gorden has said to me I haven't over reacted he is ill however we look at it and we still have to and while he is with us take it one day at a time as there is no other way of dealing with it.
Lynn you can't 'over react' Ollie is your dog with a health problem which you are trying desperately to help. Don't ever think that or let anyone tell you otherwise .
You observe every detail of Ollie's behaviour and are in the best position to note any changes and naturaly some are worrying to you.

So far no more nose bleeds but I will be wary of taking him on even that little walk now in case it happens again.
Lynn try not to be wary, if Ollie is happy to go a short walk I would let him. I would think a little exercise is important to help maintain some muscle tone and for Ollie's general wellbeing. I imagine the nose bleeds are scary but I understand they are something which happens in dogs with DM.

As with all sick dogs there will be good days and bad, all you can do is make the best of the good .xx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh Lynn I'm crying here for you all, you do everything you can for your perfect beautiful boy, you are all blessed to have each other, I pray he will pick up from this and things get better.

Sending lots of love xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Aaww Lynn this is not what any of us wanted to hear.
Poor old Ollie, as others have said, I hope this is just a little blip and all will eventually be well.
{{{{Hugs to you all}}}}
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Lynn you can't 'over react' Ollie is your dog with a health problem which you are trying desperately to help. Don't ever think that or let anyone tell you otherwise .
You observe every detail of Ollie's behaviour and are in the best position to note any changes and naturaly some are worrying to you.

Lynn try not to be wary, if Ollie is happy to go a short walk I would let him. I would think a little exercise is important to help maintain some muscle tone. I imagine the nose bleeds are scary but I understand they are something which happens in dogs with DM.

As with all sick dogs there will be good days and bad, all you can do is make the best of the good .xx
Thank you Mini wise words as ususal and very comforting and helpful. You are right I should still take him for his little stroll if he is willing after all it is only once or twice a week and makes a change from the garden and gives him a chance to sniff and we have all the time in the world to dawdle together.

Waiting for a call back from Nadia and what she has come up with and we managed to get a photo of the litle mark on his nose that has appeared so sent it to her to see if she gets any ideas from seeing it.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t=DSCF5120.jpg

Here it is if anyone is interested.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Lynn,Have just looked back at your posts about Ollie and just want to say Im thinking about you ,as you said just take 1 day at a time and enjoy that time with him and lean on the rest of us for support -you have a lot of that here,love from Maureen ,(another Ollies mum- he being my 6 yr old cat)
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Sorry to hear Ollie is not so well Lynn. Hoping you have better news soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Oh Lynn I'm crying here for you all, you do everything you can for your perfect beautiful boy, you are all blessed to have each other, I pray he will pick up from this and things get better.

Sending lots of love xxx
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aaww Lynn this is not what any of us wanted to hear.
Poor old Ollie, as others have said, I hope this is just a little blip and all will eventually be well.
{{{{Hugs to you all}}}}
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Lynn,Have just looked back at your posts about Ollie and just want to say Im thinking about you ,as you said just take 1 day at a time and enjoy that time with him and lean on the rest of us for support -you have a lot of that here,love from Maureen ,(another Ollies mum- he being my 6 yr old cat)
Thank you all so much.
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Lynn, just had a look at that photo, he's such a beautiful boy, my prayers are with you all.
Page 7 of 28 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »