Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:15 AM

For all you Digi cam experts!

Ok, I really need a new digi camera!
I honestly know nothing about them!

But this is what I want:
View finder and screen
Long battery life (this is the main prob with mine now)
Zoom

I don't understand all this card business, how you store the pics on the cam etc!
I just take the pic, plug it into my computer by USB, and get the piccies off it!

At the moment I have an Olympus C-1 Zoom, but it's fairly old, and only 1.3 mega pixel, so I want something better quality.

I don't have loads and loads to spend, prob about £200 very maximum.

Can anyone help?!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey i posted a thread on my new digi cam hevvur, its under the thread called can i join the club, sorry dont no how to put up a link! its on off topic chat on the this page, its brill and has everything you want and video with sound and very clear i posted some pics up in that thread take a look hope this helps xx
And about the memory chips my new camera came with a memory card that holds around 25 pics 32mb but i wanted it to hold more so i bought a 512mb card that holds 500 pics from amazon and that only cost £25 well worth it if you take loads of pics like i do!
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi Hevvur
I have a Kodak DX6490, it has a 10X zoom which is brilliant, is very easy to use, the batteries last much longer than my previous camera, and its very easy to use, especially the software that came with it. It cost me £219, which I thought was very reasonable. Its great for taking action pics and close ups as well, heres one I took with it on Sunday as an example. It also takes video with sound, and it has a viewing screen and a viewfinder. I really like it.

NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:43 AM
We have the little canon ixus and it's fantastic. Really easy to use and takes fantastic photos, and video with sound. You can get it in 4 or 5 mega pixels. We had the one with 4 (until I lost it in Las Vegas along with all of our holiday pics!) so when I replaced it I got the 5 mega pixels. To be honest the 4 was fine. You can get all sorts of bits to go with it, like waterproof cases so you can use it in the water etc.

Other than that, Amazon do some really good deals, I bought my brother a little Fuji for his birthday it was under 100 pounds and it's great too. The customer reviews give you a good idea of what your buying.

As far as the cards go, all this does is give you extra capacity to store more pics. You can buy them in different capacitys - we currently use a 1GB one in ours - we could take pictures until we were old and gray (ooops forgot my OH already is!). Then you take it out, put it in a card reader attached via USB to your computer and 9 times out of 10 the computer will guide you through the rest - it's very simple.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Super duper pic Het!

My friend has just bought a Panasonic DMC Z5 with a 12X optical zoom!! It was nearer £300 but they do a Z3 with 3 million pixels (as oppopsed to 5) and its under £200.
Dawn.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Wow, great pic of that flower Het, I keep telling you, you should have been a photographer all your pics are always excellent!
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks Dawn, Helen, Its not me its the camera!!

I think they are all so good now, you just need to point and shoot don't you, although I do like having the zoom, otherwise in most of my pics the dogs would just be blobs in the distance
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Ok, this is what gets me...
Have been looking at the Nikon COolpix 5200, and I have found a few.
The only worrying thing is the price difference between 2 sites...can anyone see a catch with the cheaper one??

Price = £159.99
http://ukdigitalcameras.safeshopper.com/18/816.htm#feat

Price = £289.00
http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog/...oducts_id=1041

As you see, there is a big price difference!!

Help!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:44 AM
No i cant they both seem very similar i would go for the cheaper one if you dont want to pay alot and its a good prise with all those features and video!and if you get that one it means you have money left over incase you want a better memory card that will hold more pics, i would go for that one!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Well, on the cheaper site, they are doing a deal, £35 extra, and you get a leather case, and a 256mb memory card.
I think it sounds an ok deal!
Do you think the camera is ok?

(http://ukdigitalcameras.safeshopper.com/18/894.htm)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >