View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 01:38 PM
That looks awful, do you know how it happened?

Hugs from us
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys. He isnt looking quite so miserable in the buster collar now, but he is still learning to navigate his way around the house with it! He hasnt done his 'business' since I got him back so will need to keep an eye on him. Im nt sure if its coz of the buster collar, so will take it off later and let him out in the garden. Its raining just now though so cant let him out till that stops. But if he wont go, I will be very worried!

Velvetboxers - not sure exactly what happened, he was running around the trees and when he came out had a big cut on his side. It was stretched to a big hole though so not sure what caused it but it was something nasty, and sharp.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Boy Jake has grown!! He still has the puppy face though and the look
It is a funny place for the cuts, that is if I am getting it right, it looks to be on the top of his back and goes down one side part of the way. Is there barbed wire fencing in the bush he walks in? As others have said it looks like that could be the culprit.
I wouldn't worry too much about the rain getting on him, he is on AB's. The only thing is he may get a bit cold as he has no fur on his middle, he is nude
Glad you are recovering from the shock of it all and Jake is being a star about it all (except for the lampshade)
Hugs to you both
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 05:52 AM
that looks horrific. it looks like hes gone undr a fence got snagged by the wire & just kept going so the wire just tore through.

Hope he gets better soon.

Nellie once sliced her entire side open on a rotavator in the garden but that was alot cleaner wound (although very deep & wide)than this,

its a abit of a bad place for draining isnt it

Poor jake, makes you realise how easy they can get hurt & how precious they are
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Oh he is really doing the sad face well there! Thing is, he won't know it's to stop him licking and he'll be thinking 'what crazy fashion item is this mum!'

Bless his heart, lots and lots of healing vibes for your handsome boy and hugs for you Lauren. xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Jake certainly has grown. He was such a teeny wee skinny thing when I got him, n he has grown bigger than expected lol. The puppy look is still very much here though.

The wound is on his side, but goes up to just below his spine. He has been shaved past his spine though, and the stitches go up to his spine because the skin has torn away from his body but there isnt a cut there. The bit where he was hasnt a barbed wire fence but maybe some barbed wire was lying somewhere else in amoung the trees and bushes. The hill is really really steep though so something could have been lying sticking out at a higher bit. Then he has run past at a lower bit and caught it. Or even something couldve been hanging from a tree... I dunno lol.

He is trying to get sympathy off everyone, and using his 'face' to his advantage he also did his 'business' last night as well, for which he got loads of praise and made me very happy!

Thanks for the hugs
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Poor you and Jake, it's so distressing isn't it.

My last dog Suzi was quite literally ripped open from shoulder to shoulder by another dog and it was the hardest thing trying to keep from being upset so as not to upset her and all she wanted was cuddles.

I'm sure he will heal fast and be back to himself in no time.

Good luck.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by LittleMonkies View Post
Poor you and Jake, it's so distressing isn't it.

My last dog Suzi was quite literally ripped open from shoulder to shoulder by another dog and it was the hardest thing trying to keep from being upset so as not to upset her and all she wanted was cuddles.

I'm sure he will heal fast and be back to himself in no time.

Good luck.
Oh that must have been horrific! I would be in pieces if that happened to jake... The wound he has now is bad enough. When I cried in the park waiting for my bf, jake was nuzzling me trying to comfort me. I feel rotten, coz he was the injured one.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Ouch poor Jake! That looks really painful. I hope he recovers quickly!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Poor Jake, that looks really nasty I wonder if it was barbed-wire? Poor lad. I hope he recovers really soon.
Page 7 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »