View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Poor Jake - that looks like an awful wound no wonder he was in pain and you were so upset. I can't see how a broken bottle could do all that damage but if there was nothing else there I suppose it must have been that. Glad he is home that will make you feel better. Sending hugs and licks - hugs to you licks for him
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Ouch! That looks sore

I'm so glad he's home with you now, hopefully it'll heal quickly, bless him.

Thinking of you both, please give Jake a gentle {{{Hug}}} from me x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 03:46 AM
OMG just saw this Lauren, poor you what a shock and it looks nasty but clean and neat, so really it looks like it will heal well, not that, that is of much comfort to you, I get why you cried so much I would have been a mess, but think of it like this Jake can't see it and he sounds more annoyed at the buster collar than the wound bless him.
The shaven area highlights it more, but just love him up and humour his buster collar (ie: piccies )
Hugs to you both, hope you both get some rest, what a day xxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 06:56 AM
That's a horrific wound, Lauren - poor Jake, and poor you - what a nightmare

However, it will heal and once the hair has grown back, you'd never know it was there.

Hugs to you all x0x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks everyone, im feeling much better now and I hope jake is too. I spent most of yesterday not being able to look at his wound, without crying but im much better now. He has had his painkiller and antibiotics this morning, so hopefully he will be nice and comfortable. I was bad last night and took the buster collar off for half an hour, and he was so much happier! I watched him like a hawk and he showed no interest in the wound. Obviously will be keeping it on though.

I was wondering about walks though. Should I take him out or keep him in? Obviously not offlead. Also, if I did take him out and it started to rain, could that damage it? The vet never mentioned about it, and I forgot to ask.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:51 AM
OMG Lauren poor Jakey boy, that wound looks horrendous, give him a huge hug from us and plenty of get well {{{{VIBES}}}} coming our way to him, you have my sympathy about the buster collar, Jamie has just stopped using his one... what a relief, he was using it as a battering ram!!
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:53 AM
OMG! Poor Jake! What a horrible injury! Good job Jake is so good natured, wagging for the vet and giving kisses with a wound like that! It will heal, and he will be like new in no time.

If it were me, I would go for leash walks until it heals. And if it looks like rain, skip it or wait till later, or put a waterproof jacket on him. You're not supposed to get sutures wet.

Give the lad gentle hugs from me!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Missed this sorry, poor boy, those are terrible wounds he got there, I would think something more than a wine bottle made them.

Poor boy not liking his collar, (lets have a photo of him in his collar) they do get used to them after a while, and if he is not bothered about the wounds, you may be able to take it off.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Morning Hun, just to say hope you and Jake are more settled today. Just seen the pic's OUCH....could if of been razor wire do you think hidden in the hedgerows....whatever it surely looks nasty xxxx bug hugs
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning Hun, just to say hope you and Jake are more settled today. Just seen the pic's OUCH....could if of been razor wire do you think hidden in the hedgerows....whatever it surely looks nasty xxxx bug hugs
I agree with youngstevie, defo razor wire of something like that.
Poor Jakey, I really hope it all heals up and and hes back on track very soon.
Its amazing how such things dont faze them, brave lad.
I would be giving that park or woods a wide birth!!!
All the best
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »