Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Poor baby............thinking of you........x
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Aww poor Zena, I hope she's a bit better now H. She'll perk up now she's had the jab and everything else. Hope you are ok too.
Hugs to you all.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Poor girlie. Hope she's better quickly xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 03:44 PM
oh helen i'm so sorry to hear this!! poor zena and poor you. just when your nerves were starting to recover!!

glad to hear she is back on the road to recovery though and the fact she is a fit healthy girl will aid this. oh what a worry for you.

big hugs to you and zena. i want to hear she is perking up and much happier when you next post. xxx
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2009, 04:31 PM
oh!!
poor zena!!
poor you!!
i just got little werm back safe and sound from the nice vets- really hope she stays that way
she gets a check up appointment in 3 days anyway to check stiches, then have them out in week..........
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Sorry your girlie is not well. Hope she is soon recovered. Hugs to you also. xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks all, it's really kind of you to be there for me like this, I'm really stressed out here as you can imagine

She's slept a lot, but that's good. Her tail is constantly between her legs which I don't like at all, I'm only used to seeing it wagging I've tried tempting her with fish and rice, fish and potatoe, chicken and rice, chicken and potato, but no, she must feel sick coz she refuses it all, but Georgie is happy licking up the dregs, so I gave some to him instead of his kibble, bless him he's being so very good and quiet. He keeps sniffing her under her belly, so he knows something's going on there doesn't he!

She keep going to the tripe sticks drawer though, but I just daren't!!! Eventually, I managed to tempt her with a cereal yoghurt, not a live probiotic I know, but she's having the syringe of that put in her mouth and I've done that twice today. The vet told me to give her 3 sections of it 3 times a day, whereas the instructions on the box for her weight say only 1 x twice a day, but I'll go with the vet on that.

She was then interested in the fish which Georgie was eating, so I just took a handful (it's proper fish for dogs minced fish) and she ate that in her yoghurt pot, so I suppose things are looking up a tad.

Her wound is still raging red, but it's not where the hernia was, it's the spey wound bit going to her rear end. She still has chronic water coming out of her rear end, which is yellow, but she doesn't appear to be straining with it,it's more projectile, but thankfully always outside, or constantly going, it's just that I just let them out and she went. She hasn't been sick again, but now she's eaten something I just don't know.

Time and time again, I'm reading on the net that with this type of thing a few days after a spey, it can point to infection in the wound, but on the inside with the sickness and diarrhea and it always says they should be hospitalised, so if I'm not happy with her either tonight or tomorrow morning especially, then I will want her to go back in there I'm afraid. I don't care about the stress, I can't bear to see her like this when last night and all week she has been such a bundle of fun with no signs of any complications, so I just can't understand this at all I'm strongly suspecting she has picked something up in that bladdy vet surgery, what with lying on the floor with a wound (I didn't have a t-shirt on her last night, don't know if that was right or wrong!) plus she had a toy which was on the floor that she kept picking up, so you just never know do you! Hopefully though, it's just a normal type bug and she'll be over it in 24/48 hours, but I still can't understand why that wound has flared up at the same time, and to me, it must be connected with that! I'm going in circles here I know, but to see her like this is truly heartbreaking

Thanks again guys.xxxxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 05:35 PM
H I am so sorry to be reading this and you must be outta your mind with worry what a time you've had recently. I think Dave should disconnect Google or block it from your PC!!!

No seriously its a good thing that you are looking into everything and getting info I'm just worried you might go out of your mind worrying about something that it isn't BUT on the other hand I totally understand that you want to know all the possibilities. I think you just have to do as ytou are doing and keep a close eye on her and at end of day if your not happy with that nasty angry wound or anything else then insist the vet sees her. I'm seriously hoping that the fact she was interested in the fish and the yogurt pot is a good sign but can empathise totally with you wanting to be doubly sure.
its just so hard when they can't tell you and you want so much to help them. Just do as you are doing H and give her a gentle hug from us and have a great big huge hug yourself xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks Lynne. I'm now on expert on different types of vomit too, coz they are very important and I didn't actually KNOW that!!! If ONLY I had slept downstairs and let her out in the night, I would have been with her to know whether what I found out there this morning was actually sick or poo, coz that's very important, it all looked like food, but in big watery puddles, so I don't know whether she sicked that all up, or whether it came out the other end, you know what these men are like, they're not obsessed with this kind of thing like we are!!!

What is worrying me most is whether her bowels are working properly or there is a blockage, but the fact that she hasn't been sick again since 5.00 am this morning could be a very good sign that they're not blocked, but then she hasn't' eaten until just now has she.

I found this brilliant website and they have a book which I desperately want it's called Canine Medicine and Disease Prevention" but it's £83 at its cheapest!!! Bladdy hell, that's an expensive book isn't it!! I had one like that when I had the horse and it was invaluable to me, can't remember what that one was called though, but this one looks brilliant for medical problems for the layman, maybe I will ask Dave if it can go in my Christmas stocking!!! xxxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 05:57 PM
what a worry these pups are! it is a good sign that she is showing some interest in food though. poor baby must be feeling rotten and couple that with the fact she doesn't know why equals a very miserable girl!

helen, it's a long shot but when my lurcher had to have his eye removed he was in a right old state. he looked like he's been hit round the head with a baseball bat he was so bruised and swollen. my mum suggested i put him on homeopathic treatment and it worked a treat. arnica is wonderful for healing after operations. his recovery was definitely aided by the use of homeopathic treatments.

i've copied the following from a homeopathic website:

Bellis perennis is useful for shock and trauma to internal deeper tissues or organs, especially of the pelvis, and if the patient feels bruised in the pelvic region. There is lameness as if sprained and much muscular soreness. In surgery of the abdominal and pelvic organs, breasts or trunk, gynecological surgery such as a hysterectomy or cesarean section, the patient will greatly benefit from this remedy. Bell-p is a valuable remedy for heavily bleeding wounds, keloids, injury of nerves with violent pain (Hypericum), intense soreness and intolerance to cold bathing. The pain is unbearable, sore and bruised, worse by motion but often better on continued motion. It is a great childbirth remedy, extremely healing for the trauma and bruising of the cervix and birth canal and to bring back the tonus of the uterus. Think of it when there is the sensation of soreness and bruising in the pelvic area, when the pregnant woman is unable to walk during pregnancy due to venous stasis or when the abdominal wall is sore during pregnancy or childbirth. It will also come to the rescue when there is a deep tissue ache and bruising after organ removal. It is sometimes called the "internal Arnica".
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »