View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2017, 06:48 PM
that might be mental and have me living on the edge but no way....they are my family, now ask me to sell a blood relative and the answer would most likely be different Lol
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2017, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Excellent!
I think I'd take the hundred grand and walk away. We'd soon see who owns the dog.........
Thank you to whoever gave me the rep.
There is a slightly more serios point to this.
Here is one of our girls running with Mr Max.

Delightful. The joy on her face.

Later in the day, we walked again. She decided scamper up the hill with Max on the lead. They got a bit ahead of me.......I'm in my seventies and I plod. Max looked back and flopped down. Feet planted. Determinably anchored. Going nowhere without my daddy.

And that's with a child he knows. Stays with us during school hols. Plays with him. Bosses him around.

I think the guy, with the now empty brief case, would have no chance.
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-05-2017, 09:04 AM
It would depend on which dog and the home it went too. I have had 2 dogs in my life I never really bonded with - and I would probably have paid someone to take them! With my others, if the dogs liked the person involved and the feeling was mutual I might consider it, simply because I have taken in adult dogs and the old owners were more upset about losing them than the dogs were at being rehomed.

That money would let me live mortgage and debt free and if I knew the dog would be happy I may consider it. It is not likely to happen though��
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2017, 03:35 PM
The wee girl and Max again.
She is trying ever so sweetly but it's obvious from the way his feet are planted....the attitude, the expression......it's just there. The pic tells the story.
"I ain't going nowhere.."

Just to add, he is absolutely fime with her. She feeds him, brushes him cuddles/strangles him, lays on the floor with him.

But he knows........that gives me comfort. We walk for miles every day and he can be out of sight in the woods for a bit. I'll call him after a while, yes I can get a teeny wee bit anxious, and a few seconds later he pokes me in the ribs.
"I'm here!"
I have no concern that he will just walk off with anyone.

It's that bond. I can't explain how it happens or happened in our case. Mutual trust maybe.

Whatever, I'm stuck with the beast...........
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Gorgeous pics of Max and his special friend
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2017, 10:24 PM
No to the dogs. They'd probably pay me to take them back after an hour anyway. They can have the OH for a tenner though.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2