Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:17 PM

Poor Skinny Dog

So today since I have the house to myself and will get peace I was out in the garden. This thin red lurcher/whippet type stops at the fence to say hello.

When I say thin, I mean you can count every rib, and it's hip bones. Now my Mum has a lurcher type, and I know they are supposed to be thin. But I'm almost positive they are not supposed to be THAT thin. So I get him into the garden and give him something to eat, he ate the bowlful of food he got from me, then went raiding into my bin while I was in calling the SSPCA!

He was ever so friendly, not bothered by me petting him, or handling his paws. He didn't appear to be food aggressive or anything. Really enjoyed getting petted and cuddles and of course food.

Anyhoo, the SSPCA said that since it's the weekend I have to call the police (huh?), so I called the police and a very nice policeman turned up 10 minutes ago and collected him. Even he thought the dog was too thin, and neither of us recognised him from the normal dogs we see wandering around Alness. Apparently if he isn't collected this afternoon he'll go up to the dogs home this evening. Poor thing, I hope someone gives him a forever home soon cause he is just so friendly.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:47 PM
When whippets etc are very young they do tend to be very thin . He sounds like a lovely boy and I hope he is found or rehomed soon
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:56 PM
i agree whippets are thin and jsut cos he ate the foo doesnt man he has been starved, mine wolf down food even if ive fed them 5 mins earlier!!! hope hes rehomed soon
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 06:27 PM
This fella looked older though, had a fair bit of tarter on his teeth. And really long claws too.

Ah well, he's taken care of so not too worried. At least he's been picked up.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Bless you for helping him x
I hope he finds a wonderful home, soon xx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 07:05 PM
good job you , got hold of him , poor little mite ,he has either got ,lost or kicked out .lets hope some one nice comes a long
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
good job you , got hold of him , poor little mite ,he has either got ,lost or kicked out .lets hope some one nice comes a long
I hope so too, he was so placid and easy going. He just seemed so glad of the attention. Even when the policeman put him on our spare lead and took him to the van he wasn't bothered.

He was a bit bothered about getting into the van but..got in after some edible persuasion
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I hope the wee blighter is homed from the pound and not pts.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
I hope the wee blighter is homed from the pound and not pts.
The rescue centre he is going to doesn't PTS unless there's a good reason for it. He deserves a good home anyway, he's a sweet wee dog.