Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 03:25 PM

Fire, Fire.

Had a phone call at 5 O`clock this morning. whenever the phone rings at some strange hour you just know something is wrong. My son informs me that he is out in the street with his nightclothes on as his apartment block is on fire. He woke up to the sound of people shouting, looked out of his window and there were people in the street screaming at him to get out of the building. He came out of his apartment and the corridor was full of smoke and had to make it down to the entrance door two floors down, he said he was terrified that he was actually going to come face to face with the fire, really scary. It turns out that some nice person had set fire to one of the residents cars in the car park under the building and the smoke had got into the apartment block. These poor people were standing outside in the freezing cold waiting for the fire brigade. After a time they opened up a local community centre for the people to go and wait until the fire was put out.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
wow what a real big shock for you and your son lucky the fire wasnt in the appartment how nasty for someone to burn someones car and then to frighten a whole block full of people i would of been terrified thank god your son and everyone else is alright
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes it terrified me, the thought of what might have happened
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 04:46 PM
thank god it wasnt the block and only a car at least everyone is safe thats the main thing
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 04:59 PM
thank god he was ok , the thought of a fire terrifies me but least he was ok
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Gosh that was a wake up call! he must have been terrified, and it must of worried you sick.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Good job he woke up isn't it? I sleep like the dead and nothing wakes me up. What a terrible shock for him, and it was soooooo cold out there last night, especially in your jim jams, doesn't bear thinking about. Glad everything turned out ok though, that could have been really nasty. What idiots setting a car alight near an apartment block!!