Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 07:29 PM

Spent the day behind the scences at safari park

Hi everyone. Thought you'd like to hear of our fabulous day behind the scences at the West Mids Safari Park. Our foster son Billy had his 14th Birthday today and as a special surprised WMSP agreed to allow him (and us) behind the scences as he,s desperate to train for zoology and work with Big Cats. We helped feed the giraffa,s, then spent time with a white lion cub, Billy bottle fed a baby deer (common Eland). We later met 3 fully grown tigers (they are huge) one had 2 cubs 10 days old ( obviously we couldn,t go in with her) we met 3 wild dogs which were handreared by one of the wardens, although they growled at us, they went mad to welcome her back into the pack, then we spent time with a sealion, Billy had so many kisses from her ( he had to give her some fish each time) and I had two kisses off her (very fishy) We,ve been quite close to the wolves ( as close as the wardens would allow) and we,ve had a special viewing of the white lions There is so much going on back stage it,s unbelieveable but we,ve seen so many animals close up today it been great We even stroked a Zebra which is something I NEVER thought I,d be able to do. The only things we couldn,t go near were the Elephants ( although we did see them out later) and the Rhino,s ( again we saw them our later) Had a Fab Day.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Ooh, you lucky things - sounds like a really great day
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Sounds like a great day! I am green with envy
pandsgiant
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Wow! I'm really jealous that you got close to the African Hunting Dogs. After Wolves they are close to the top of my top ten canine list.

I'm glad that you had such a good day at WMSP.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by pandsgiant View Post
Wow! I'm really jealous that you got close to the African Hunting Dogs. After Wolves they are close to the top of my top ten canine list.

I'm glad that you had such a good day at WMSP.
African Wild Dogs were soooooooooooo.. beauiful, I was jealous of the warden that handreared them, the way they welcomed her back into the pack was was breathtaking. Wolves are my favourite defo,,,,,
pandsgiant
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I was jealous of the warden that handreared them, the way they welcomed her back into the pack was was breathtaking. Wolves are my favourite defo,,,,,
I thought you might like to see a Wolf cub being hand reared. Here I am giving Mosi her bottle. Their little claws (even at that age) leave your hands and arms shredded.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by pandsgiant View Post
I thought you might like to see a Wolf cub being hand reared. Here I am giving Mosi her bottle. Their little claws (even at that age) leave your hands and arms shredded.

Mosi is beautiful, how old, and will it be returned to a pack? You lucky thing!
pandsgiant
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-11-2007, 10:34 AM
In the photo that was taken in May 2006 Mosi is about 3 - 4 weeks old.

We have a no breeding policy so Mosi and her sisters Mai and Mika came to us from Dartmoor where they had been abandoned by their low ranking mother in a flooded den. They were joined a couple of days later by a male (Torak) from the Anglian Wolf Society.

Unfortunatly Mika did not make it. The other three now live together with us in their own little pack.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Lucky you...........think Im moving to where you are. Wolves are my favourite