Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:20 PM

I got the job i wanted! YAY!

Got some great news today! As most of you know i was made redundant right before Easter, way back in April. Now while i have been enjoying my 'time off' lol and the dogs have LOVED it, financially we have struggled, even with unemployment insurance.

Anyway at the beginning of August i applied for a 9-5 monday to friday job as Benefit Delivery Officer with the Department of Work and Pensions. After 4 stages of 'interviews' ranging from multipul choice questions to telephone role play to numeracy and literacy tests, I got it! Didnt expect to hear until the end of this week but i start my 6 weeks training on Monday. Im really pleased cos it has an ok start wage and good prospects for the future, all weekends off plus bank holidays off, 22 days paid holiday AND final pension scheme. Plus its only smart casual so i dont have to wear suits all the time (im a jeans and trainers kinda gal!)

So much to do before monday. Need new clothes and shoes, haircut, sign off, speak to insurance company, organise dogs (i.e chat up parents into having Vienna while i get people to let Murphy out at home during the day) finish decorating dining room, landing and stairs. (dont have time to do kitchen and lounge as well now so they will have to wait lol.)

Oooh am so pleased and excited! But on the other hand i will miss not spending 24/7 with my babies soooooooooo much. Reckon i can get them to let me bring the dogs to work like the last job did?? lol doubtful but knowing me i'll ask anyway lol. Maybe i should pretend im blind? No? Probably wouldnt work as they know i drive Aww well they will get spoilt rotten whenever i am not at work. Right will stop babbling now lol sorry! So Happy!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:40 PM
That's brilliant!!! Sounds like an ideal set-up (apart from for the dogs ) You've done really well!

Hopefully in a month or so I'll have similar good news to report
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Brilliant news Kris, so happy for you xx
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Congratulations, that's brilliant news!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Great news, well done you!!!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:45 PM
aww what brilliant news well done you
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Good news Kris. I used to work for them pre-children days

But what about the walks Harley wants to see Vienna again and I have just bought some more chocolate cake so Murphy will be missing out
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone im really chuffed. Duboing good luck im sure you will get the job you want soon too. Good things come to those who wait and all that!
I know i will miss out on a lot of the walks sob sob! lol we will have to do some bank holiday walks or weekend walks or i will just have to skive off lol. Its a shame summer is mostly gone otherwise we could have some nice evening walks. Well hopefully we can organise some weekend ones.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Glad to hear you got the job, good luck on Monday!!!!!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Also we're very grateful (and lucky) to have plenty of family around to pop in on the Murphy and my parents to have Vienna. Also helps my parents with their naughty pup Anna as she behaves better when my dogs are there. Also stops her harrassing them for attention so much, so good for everyone. Also Murf will be happy to have the run of downstairs in the house so he can sleep all day of his doggy sofa in the lounge. (other than eating, sleeping all day is his favourite pastime, followed closely by walkies lol)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >