Female 

27-01-2011, 09:06 PM
its a real shame cos this is my local show
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I think it's a good idea and wouldn't take my dogs even if I could - mind you, five is rather a handful so it wouldn't be much fun for anyone! The Three Counties Show held at Malvern doesn't allow dogs apart from competing dogs and that's how it should be - as long as people know not to bring them and then leave them to boil in the car!
In general I think that it is a good idea too. I was rather surprised when I went to the Three Counties last year as previously dogs WERE allowed in, but it was noticeably easier to walk around without having to step in dog poo! I did see that the dog wardens were there in the car parks in large numbers checking on all the cars, because unfortunatly there are still idiots around who think it fine to leave dogs in cars under hot sun.

I think that many shows, including The Three Counties, have gradually moved away from the old format which was first and foremost farming, horses, dogs and other animals. Perhaps foot and mouth started the rot, but these days it seems to be far more about a general day/days out for all the family with entertainment aimed accordingly. In the old days it would have been a huge shock if dogs were banned from the ground unless competing
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:26 AM
........unfortunately it means I cant go now as there is no one to let the dogs out during the day
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3