Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LoobyLou663
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-09-2012, 12:50 PM

Dog abuse,

I'm not sure where to post this but it has been bothering me since i witnessed it after school yesterday. I just left the school grounds with my three children and Louis and there was two mums ahead of me with their children, i heard a lot of noise from someone shouting ahead which quickly got my attention. A man was chasing a springer spaniel and had a thick long heavy looking stick in his hand. i am assuming the gate wasn't secure on his property and the dog ran out, he was calling the dog followed by his second, but the dog was excited and running in and out of the road. Luckily there was no car's coming, but as soon as the dog yielded and layed waiting for his/her owner to approach the man hit the dog with the stick and grabbed it by its scruff and dragged it back towards his home. It made the hairs all over me stick up. A woman closer to it all had ago at him, saying "it's not the dogs fault!, put a lead on it then!" She also looked upset by what she had witnessed and shocked. I quickly explained to my children that i hope they never do that to a dog, and i said to the woman it makes me wonder how he treats his children. Why is it that people are like that? and why is it animal rescuers never witness any of this? It has been on my mind since and upset me.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Panic = Overreaction hopefully.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Poor dog. People are horrible aren't they?

I witness a similar thing once, when a young Irish Terrier was running out of control. The bloke was chasing it around for ages and when it finally stopped, he whacked it then held it up by the scruff and marched it out of the park while the dog was walking on its back two legs. I shouted that if I was his dog, I wouldn't be coming back if I got treated like that. I never saw them again.