Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:38 AM

Getting their Passports!

I was at the vets the other day and met this woman that was in floods of tears as she had to return to England because of a family illness, her dog didn't have a passport and she had just got the blood results back which were inconclusive!

Well it got me thinking, although I have no plans to return, you just never know! So today, Petto and Ozzie have had their rabies jab - Petto has to have another in 2 weeks - as we have no records for him - having come from rescue. Then in a month they will have their bloods taken!

So they're on there way to getting their passports - just in case I would hate to be in the same position as that woman I met so fingers crossed that all will be ok!
Bambi_baby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Best to be prepared!! That poor women! I would hate to have to go to another country without Bambi!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Good idea....all mine have thier Rabies Vacc/boosters....never know I might want to live abroad one day
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Rabies is mandatory for all dogs here. Our two have now got a document that looks like a passport (Except it's blue not dark red)

They can I believe go anywhere on just that document, but for UK the letter confirming the rabies jab has worked (Comes from the blood test) is also required.