View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2020, 11:52 AM
I'm reading Harry Potter again. Hoping the magic will rub off. No idea where the energy comes from. More so in the morning than afternoon in this weather. Phew it's hot out there. I have fan on in front of me. stay cool peeps back to book.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2020, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone

Yes it's hot, fans going in all rooms and lots of cold drinks

Last night about 1am Bruno started barking, that always means there's some living creature around

I thought it may have been another hedgehog but couldn't see anything, it was dark of course.

This morning I checked out a small tree near the gate where he was barking and found a pidgeon nest with two eggs. SWMBO won't allow me to get rid of it (Pidgeon pie and potatoes is a speciality around here )

So I have a question for all the bird lovers on here:-
How long before the eggs hatch and fly away and I (and neighbours) can get a decent nights sleep )

Any advice most welcome, will be back soon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2020, 04:53 PM
I am on swmbo's side.....I would imagine a couple of months before it's all done with.... depending on how long the eggs have been there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Evening everyone had a lovely afternoon at Mark and Lauren's. Joel looking well and in work at the moment with a friends dad painting and decorating external for now.
Still living with Donna Tia and her mum are moving to Braintree Tuesday to be nearer Tia's nan who is unwell.
Neither Joel or tia drive and getting from Harlow to Braintree by rail or bus very complicated so whether the relationship will last we will have to wait and see.

Harvey found this.
https://www.ovocontrol.com/pigeon-fa...in%20midwinter).
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Good evening all.

Quite a cool day here but the sun is just breaking through.

I'm another in swmbo's camp. They will move on when ready
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Thanks to all

Lynn special thanks for that link amazing information.

So looks like they'll be there for maybe 32 days

If the mother sits tight on the nest and doesn't move I think Bruno will just ignore her.

Problem last night was that she left the nest, probably looking for food (She will need to eat) I think this is what got Bruno excited.

I did think about hanging a bird feeder next to the nest this would :-
a) Provide some food without her leaving the nest
b) Keep the eggs warm
c) Stop Bruno from getting excited and barking

What do you guys think
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2020, 07:35 PM

Worth a try the pigeons here I discovered today like peanuts. Not the salted kind.
Also maybe some water.

Evening Chris.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2020, 10:02 PM
In my opinion Harvey...pop some food out!! My world is pink fluffy and lovely and all deserve an bit of food and love, less movement should keep Bruno happy...all my pigeons are called Dave...keeps my pair happy so maybe Davina lol
Lynn, I wish joel would go with Tia and her mum provided they were happy to have him. .. getting away from Donna would be the best for that boy but I think he needs to figure it out for himself
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2020, 04:54 AM
Never seen pigeons hang off a feeder so maybe just scatter a few bits of corn nearish nest site? Have to be careful Bruno doesn't eat corn? Water would be the main thing to offer.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2