Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2020, 07:23 AM

Daily Thread,Saturday, 25th July 2020

Good morning all, I trust you and your four legged friends are in fine fettle. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless.

Actually broke lose from my prison yesterday and took my little car out for a drive up to the motor shop to see Barry. He is such a gent. He put a new battery on for me and topped the oil up. Steve was on the doorstep as I went to drive away. "Where do you think you're going?" I told Barry I had to undergo a grilling before I was allowed out and then he was still not happy. I am held a virtual prisoner in my own home. My friends tell me I shouldn't put up with it.

Oh well such is life, enjoy your day!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2020, 07:27 AM
Good Morning Moyra and all who follow

Good for you getting in your car and going for a little drive it will do you good to get out for. bit.

Pleased Gary seems to be getting on well with everyone Chris hope it continues

Dull wet and windy here.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2020, 07:59 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Funny weather here today overcast threatens rain then the sun shines. Need to get a bit of washing done quite a bit in fact.

Moyra Steve really does treat you badly there are ways of asking where you are going and of him being concerned for your welfare but i sounds very much like he is controlling. That is not acceptable.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2020, 10:47 AM
Afternoon all.

Finished work and almost got home just as the heavens opened so beautifully dried washing now sopping wet ah well such is life.
Moyra Steve sounds like he could be depressed is that possible. But that drive out sounds like it has done you the World of good. Carry it on when you can.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Yes Kazz, but he doesn't really have anything to be depressed about other than me not letting him keep dictating to me what I can or cannot do. I know he wants to protect me but it is nearly five months and I have only been out twice in the car in that time.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Maybe that is all he can do, when he goes back to work he may improve if not maybe you just need to gently say "I shall be going out"
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-07-2020, 06:59 PM
Moyra - Quite a few lettings in the BFP this week

One which ticked all your boxes but only one bedroom. well I suppose you could leave Steve where he is

The other one also looked good, well within your budget, and two bedrooms, but didn't mention any garden so Amber would not be happy

Both about 45 miles from where you are now so maybe too far, still I always scan the 'Property' section of the paper (for other reasons) so it's no probs just looking.

Now you've got the battery sorted I would suggest a few more little trips out and about
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Thanks Harvey, yes I have seen some properties available up the line but Steve is not truly interested, he says he is and yes I would love to move on my own but the tenancy here is in my name and he is only allowed here as a guest and yet he has taken over the whole property except my own personal bedroom/come office and place of safety. If he continues to be a pain I may go to social services for help. I told him that before he moved in and early on I used to have friends round for dinner or afternoon tea, now I cannot as he has all these tanks and tools and plastic bucket hoarded up in the lounge and more plastic buckets in the kitchen and bath!! Makes life a nightmare.

I am not strong enough to stand up to him but I need to find him a home of his own first. Please Lord give me strength. Take care Harvey hope your two and your other half are ok. God bless. Have a good night all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2020, 08:32 PM
Kazz, He was in the bathroom when I went out and I shouted to him just going to see Barry, so I think he just wanted to make me feel guilty that I was going out - I had a mask on!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2020, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=Moyra;2945207] my own personal bedroom/come office and place of safety. [ /QUOTE]

Moyra I think that one part of the sentence alone tells you you need to break away Its your own home and to feel the need to have a place of safety .......