View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2020, 09:47 AM
This morning spoke to one of my cousins and she has taken retirement before her "now" retirement age been at the same school for 29 years.

She was this morning packing up for a break to her caravan in Wales (had it since Nan and Grandad had one there) going for 6-7 weeks she said to give herself a total break seems the pandemic has been the deciding point; but I think it is more her Dad passed away late last year.

But either way she deserves an interesting continued life. She was widowed young with two young children then her son passed away teenage "cot death" totally unexplained; her daughter is settled so time for her time.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2020, 11:13 AM
I lost at baby to so called cot death back in 1967, David was two months old I was devastated. The Coroner came out to see me and said David had died because his lungs had not developed properly so he was unable to cough to clear the mucus. I still miss him after all these years, my thoughts with anyone who experience this. His death certificate said Bronchilitis!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2020, 11:43 AM
Moyra so sorry to hear this. My cousin her son was 14 fit healthy and a lovely lad went to bed and did not wake up.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2020, 12:14 PM
Life is hard. I still miss David very much all these years on but I am now hounded by Steve. He smokes and suffers with his chest but hates it if I have a drink. But last night I had a drink and slept the night through it was so needed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2020, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Life is hard. I still miss David very much all these years on but I am now hounded by Steve. He smokes and suffers with his chest but hates it if I have a drink. But last night I had a drink and slept the night through it was so needed.
Everything in moderation.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2020, 05:52 PM
Kazz, your cousin's son who died aged 14 did he have an inherent problem. I mean what did they put on his death certificate, at least in David's case they knew what caused it. Was there no explanation you can hardly call it cot death at 14years of age!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2020, 05:54 PM
Evening everyone.
Mark and Lauren left for home they loved their joint birthday present Marks is 29 August and Laurens 3rd September. They are going to Butlins for a few days with some of Lauren family and Joel and Tia.
If we hadn't Dillon we would of gone also.
They are organising a family bbq on 5th September we will be going to that and taking their birthday presents with us then.
Had a lovely afternoon great dinner even if I do say so myself although I did forget to put the home stuffing balls in the oven, so they have taken some home to cook.
Gorden has a lovely planter Mark made out of pallets it is absolutely stunning plus some other bits for his birthday and our Anniversary.
Always sad when they leave. At least they are only 40 mins away now.
We had friends who lost a baby to cot death back in the late 80's early 90's very sad.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2020, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Kazz, your cousin's son who died aged 14 did he have an inherent problem. I mean what did they put on his death certificate, at least in David's case they knew what caused it. Was there no explanation you can hardly call it cot death at 14years of age!
His death certificate says
Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome which was due to the fact; the death could not be explained, even after a post-mortem, and no cause could be found, this is called sudden arrhythmic death syndrome (SADS). In this case, testing was carried out on his sister and Mom for inherited heart conditions which proved negative.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2020, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening everyone.
Mark and Lauren left for home they loved their joint birthday present Marks is 29 August and Laurens 3rd September. They are going to Butlins for a few days with some of Lauren family and Joel and Tia.
If we hadn't Dillon we would of gone also.
They are organising a family bbq on 5th September we will be going to that and taking their birthday presents with us then.
Had a lovely afternoon great dinner even if I do say so myself although I did forget to put the home stuffing balls in the oven, so they have taken some home to cook.
Gorden has a lovely planter Mark made out of pallets it is absolutely stunning plus some other bits for his birthday and our Anniversary.
Always sad when they leave. At least they are only 40 mins away now.
We had friends who lost a baby to cot death back in the late 80's early 90's very sad.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.

Glad you had a fantastic day; and sounds like the Butlins idea will be brilliant, but the BBQ sounds awesome.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2