View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 04:37 PM
How frustrating Lynn at least Gorden can finish it off and save you any more costs. Silly man he must know the harm he is doing to his business
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Gorden has just told me the conversation they had Wednesday when he put the posts in. That he had nothing on today and although last Saturday he messaged me saying posts Wednesday gates the following day (Thursday) yesterday he then couldn't do Thursday but had nothing on today.
I hate having to do what we have done it certainly isn't done lightly but 2 weeks of mucking us about enough is enough.
When Mark worked for himself and got asked for quotes in the middle of jobs he would allow himself at least 3 extra days before confirming a date with the new quote.
That was his mantra you need to have a few days allowance before committing to a date.
Also as Gorden said someone else could've had the work been reliable earnt a good review and a good tip.
This has left a bad taste in my mouth in particular.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Steve always gives notice of the earliest dates he can meet and is always in touch if things are not going the way he had hoped but he never lets people down. He is giving up a lot of the work because of his health. He is suffering badly because of these new large tiles that are now fashionable. I have just finished dinner and am now going to turn in. Have a good night God bless Lynn, hope it sorts out ok. xx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Really does get on your wick as they say. How can they be done in the dark Lynn? Yep hopefully hubby will get the meds tomorrow. Watching a very old b & w film called the magnet.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Brenda, tell the surgery they need to add a flag on your husband's records that he is allergic to those antibiotics...mum can't have penicillin and it flashes up at the hospital and at the drs... could you imagine if he was on his own and not sure of things??
Chris... that's really bad being given someone else's prescription
Lynn, I am sorry the guy hasn't shown up and to be honest, you are quite within your rights to be arsey with him....you haven't mucked him about have you?? And it's not your fault he can't manage his business affairs and child care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Those large tiles are nice when up but can imagine them playing havoc with a person's back etc., who has to fit them.
It will be ok just upsets me and leaves a bad taste in my mouth that we have had to come to this conclusion.
Us having been in a predicament of Gorden being made redundant and the lengths he went to to try to keep a roof over our heads and others doing the same that he insinuates he needs the money but mucks people about, it worries me he will end up with nothing.
Must be the mum in me. It's his problem and i am sure by tomorrow I will feel less irritated and upset by it all.

True griff we have tried to be understanding.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2019, 09:18 PM
it is the same with getting hold of any "so called" tradesman. Either they are complete bodgers or in such demand you can't even book a date for work to be done.

If they do turn up they charge the earth for a small job and then usually with the wrong bits.

For example when we had our main bathroom updated the pea shaped bath that came was the wrong one. The next the inner skin came apart
and the third was correct but the side panel was wrong.

I try and do as many "handyman " jobs as possible. That way no hanging around waiting for workmen who may or may not turn up

This place was a typical bodgers cockups and he had his own building company until it went bust. Just one i have left in situ in the garage roof

A metal wood brace keeping roof supports apart

Not only had he altered the front door but the yale lock was part metric and the retainer imperial. He also polyfilled the gaps in the upright around the lock.
Ok now inside the front door downstairs loo radiator leaking- window sill damn great footmark imbeded in it and skirting missing on one side. Hall carpet ripped in one part and not even gone more than 10 ft inside the front door.
It got worse further in with 240volt cable under the landing carpet passing under a bedroom door
Even the main bathroom the loo rim was cracked..

Ii could go on and on but you would close your eyes in horror.

Every room had problems created by himself or his wife with a heavily greased up oven. makes me wonder how they were bought up.
the inherited the house from the old dear that had it, they were "looking after" her so could not care less how run down it got

Lets just put it this way it has taken about 3/4 years to put things right.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 11:29 PM
I can sort of understand the mix up in prescriptions as the names are very, very similar, but it could be highly dangerous for old folk with bad eyesight who will blindly take what they are given.

We had a couple of workmen like yours Lynn when we were refurbing my son's house. It was an absolute nightmare so I feel your pain.

Brenda, I hope your OH gets well soon. It's appalling that doctors give out wrong medications. I truly makes you want to despair
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2