Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2019, 08:04 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 5th October, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your doggy friends are all well and fit.

Have a good day everyone, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2019, 08:29 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Dry here this morning and the sun is trying to appear. Taken the chance and washed the towels and have also cut down the sweet peas and sorted a climbing rose which appears to be dead in places so hope it picks up next spring.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2019, 08:49 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Overcast here but at least it's dry for now anyway.

Having a bit of a nightmare I asked on our local site for someone to source and fix farm gates on the front could anyone be recommended ? Had a message from a guy who has all the necessary qualifications or so he says and that he could do the job.
So he bombarded me with calls that he would need the cash up front for the gates etc., which fair enough one man band we though ok so he collected money we got him to sign a receipt and he said posts would be going in Wednesday gated delivered Thursday all would be done by Friday. (Yesterday).
Well excuse after excuse gates have arrived not ironmongery day he was supposed to be doing posts he was on another job. Be round tomorrow Thursday. No sign rang him windscreen been smashed maybe tomorrow after morning hospital visit. No sign.
Also said his children would be going back this morning he would do them today.
I have left a message saying we are getting concerned now as no jobs done he has sent picture of gates but to be honest that could be any picture. I mentioned how I was ripped off 6 years ago and am feeling a little unsettled.
He accused me of tarnishing him now saying he said this week for posts.
So I have said give me a definite day if you can't we will come and collect the goods and sort it out another way.
Do you know they make you feel like you are in the wrong. We though young fella with a family own business keep it local and what do you get a problem.

Sorry for the rant hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Oh dear Lynn, you could do without all the hassle. So how has it ended up? Is he going to do them? I hope so and that all will be ok.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Good afternoon all.

Quite a nice day here despite being overcast.

The cafe is now all fixed so we can get out of the breeze now no matter which way the wind blows - yay

I hate to say it Lynn, but this guy sounds like a rogue trader. I hope you manage to get your money back off him or the goods he's allegedly purchased. Good luck!

The echo dot arrived yesterday. OH is driving me round the bend. He's managed to set it up and add alarms. Up to now, I've had weather from everywhere in the World except Skegness even though the address is in the damned thing. It won't play any of the play lists in plex, but does, however want us to subscribe to Amazon music. Me thinks my original idea was best. Stick it in the box and shove it with all the other 'might come in handy one day' cupboard in the bedroom
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Update is he is coming Wednesday to do the posts and thursday the gates.
After much messaging back and forth and him denying it was meant to be last week. I did mention it was all meant to be done yesterday and I suggested all i am trying to do is pin him down for a day and him actually turn up.
I have the messages from last Wednesday. Thursday he said his children were going back early today, today he says he has got them at the weekend so I politely mentioned he needs to keep people informed and that we understand if his children are there but don't say one thing and do another.
We shall see what Wednesday brings I have told him if the job isn't done we will pick up the goods he was given the money for to purchase and rethink whether Gorden does it or another tradesman.
He soon came back with those days.
As for saying I am tarnishing him well he would soon know if I was doing that I would be all over his website and another lady on the local site who has replied to warning her of his dreadful diary keeping.
I do not appreciate being taken for a fool especially by someone who did all the running to get the job then plays me up.

Fingers crossed by Thursday all is done we will not be leaving him a review.

Forgot to say Michael is flying into Stansted Saturday next week for work in london Monday so is staying here Saturday and going into London sometime Sunday to catch up with friends.
We are hopefully getting together with Mark and Lauren and possibly Joel and treating them all to an Indian meal out.

Good luck with dot Chris. We have one and find it quite useful at times.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Afternoon all
Lynn, we had similar with a roofer...no money changed hands but he said he wanted the job and would come that week... nothing, I left it and messaged him again...he said yes he wanted the job but forgot....he would be out that week.... nothing, 4 months on I am still waiting for him, I have had the job done by someone else, £20 cheaper and came out within 10 minutes of me calling with a problem.
Chris, my mum thought about getting my dad a Google thing but we decided against it....he would drive us mad!
My mums brother was found dead, has to go find my other uncle....gawd, that was depressing, he already knew...I just gave the message and got out of there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear your news griff.

Thing is we have given this guy the money to buy the gates, posts, cement and ironmongery. He better turn up or we will be going to collect the items.
I have itemised them on the receipt he signed.
If we hadn't of given him the money to make the purchase I would of told him to do one by now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Thanks Lynn, I am not at all bothered by his death. Found my other uncle...he knew already, god it was grim where he was but better than the streets, 56 years old and his whole life is one room in a hotel
I hope you get your goods....if not I would get someone you know to call him to give them a quote and clamp his van lol...he can call the police as he has defrauded you out of your money and it will save you a call lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Having a bit of a nightmare......................................... ............
Do you know they make you feel like you are in the wrong. We thought young fella with a family own business keep it local and what do you get a problem.

Yes Lynn, been there done that It was a long time ago when we had a new garage built on the side of our place in Grt. Barton.

Every excuse under the sun "Gearbox on van blew up" (A very rare occurance on any vehicle) then wife had to go to hospital (never said exactly why) kids had to go on holiday or something, then another job over run, supplier didn't deliver, and it went on and on.

I was really fed up, TBH I would rather go without now than deal with these useless one man bands who think they can just tell the customer anything and get away with it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >