Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crobbo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2010, 08:11 PM

R.I.P Bella

On Monday 19th April 2010 my lovely dog Bella that was rescued from being badly treat had to be put to sleep. We had her for just under 2 weeks.

She became ill on Sunday but we thought it was down to her being in season and on Monday we took her to the vets as she got worse over night and the vets examined her and x rayed her to find she was suffering a lot more than we and they first thought.

Bella was so ill that everything she ate and drank came back up within a matter of seconds. The vet told us we would have to think about letting her go to sleep.

I did not want this to happen to my lovely Bella but the vets said there was nothing more they could do for her and it would only be a matter of time before she got worse.

I discussed with the vet at great length about putting Bella to sleep and they said that she is suffering badly because of her being treat badly in the past and that she would not feel anything if she was to be put to sleep and she wouldnt be suffering anymore.

I Cried and agreed to let them put her to sleep as this was in her best interests and I did not want her to suffer any longer than she already had.

I held her while they sedated her and stayed with her untill she had fallen asleep from the sedation I then removed her collar and lead as I wanted to keep them and walked out of the room crying. The vet came out around 5 minutes later and asked if I wanted to see her I went in to see her and my tears started again. I asked the vet did she go peacefully they assured me she did and was in no pain when she went. They said she passed away within a matter of minutes of them giving her the injection.

I stayed with my best friend Bella for around an hour and half after she had been put to sleep.

Then had to leave her and return home without her.

I am totally lost without her now and miss her loads.

I did all I could for this poor dog and a lot more to try and get her back to health but no I failed unfortunately.

She knew her last home was loving and caring and she will always be in our hearts and thoughts.

R.I.P My Best Friend Bella baby you will be sadly missed by all of us. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Oh sweetheart, you didn't fail her at all - you tried to save her......

Big hugs to you x0x

Run free Bella, no more pain now, darling x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Oh Im so very sorry you lost your darling girl. But take comfort from the fact that she went feeling loved and wanted. Her time with you would have been the happiest of her life. Run free at the bridge sweet girl. xx
pxxuk
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Aww, the two weeks you had her would most probably have been the best two weeks ever for her, you didn't fail her at all and have been a very responsible dog owner indeed to make the awful decision to let her rest in peace, a decision I know from my own experience is one of the hardest in the world.

God bless you all at this sad time xx *hugs*
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm so sorry You certainly didn't fail her *Hugs*

Sleep well Bella, free from pain now x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 08:33 PM
{{hugs}} to you
sweet dreams Bella.xx
crobbo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Thank you all for your kind words of support.

we are not going to let the loss of our baby girl Bella stop us from taking on other dogs. although we will never ever replace Bella.

when the time is right we are going to visit some of our local Rescue Kennels whether the dogs come to be in them from strays or from being taken in by owners/Rescued from abuse and cruelty we will continue on in our mission to save another dog and give them a loving home.

When I searched the net to see if there was any rescue kennels near us we came accross various webistes stating that there is a large number of dogs put to sleep every year due to not being able to find a home for them.

If we can just save one dog whether that be a young or old dog and give them a loving home for the rest of their life then we will and make sure they are well loved and cared for.

Thank you all again for your kind words

Carl & Family
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 08:57 PM
You were her saviour, her hero and friend.....

Run free Bella.....you were loved at the time when you needed it most!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2010, 09:00 PM
So sorry for your loss but you did not fail her, she knew love when it mattered. I hope you will go on to find another dog in need when the time feels right as you obviously have a lovely home to offer.

Run free beautiful Bella, be happy xxx
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I am so sorry for your loss
R.I.P Sweet Bella
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >