View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 10:54 AM
I have two of each, for years I only had dogs, never had a bitch, til we got Willow just over 3 years ago reason for a bich was in my breed same sex dominance is quite strong, then I bred Willow and was going to only keep a bitch from the litter, but ended up keeping a dog and a bitch, this decision to keep another male did not come lightly, as all my dogs live in the house with us, but if necessary I have the room to seperate the males and still keep them in the house, if I didnt have this space, I would have stuck to just the bitch, in the hope that mother and daughter and 1 male was my best combination.

Mo
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 11:07 AM
I've always had boys. Not sure why really.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 11:18 AM
i prefer males, but i cant give you a valid reason! I just do. I have two of both sexes at the moment, and both are equally fun, eager to learn and eager to please. I feel that perhaps the males are the 'guardians' as is their nature, but the females do jsut as much warning if an intruder appears. so i cant tell the difference. i am going through adolesence with two males at the same time. there are fights. sometimes big ones (blood appears). I am trying my best to reduce this, and i know they dont fight when i am not around. it seems to be over me...but i wont bore you with details. suffice it to say they are competing for 'top dog' or as i see it who gets my affections first. it got so bad a few months back where everyone was telling me i should rehome one of them. i couldnt bring myself to do it, and made a desicion only if one hurt the other so bad that i had to.However it is getting less, and i am confident that they will grow out of it. i like my males, but i wouldnt have two at the same ages again.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 11:52 AM
dont think it matters i have the 2 boys and the 2 girls and they are all special
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2005, 11:53 AM
I have 3 bitches and 1 male and find the dog much more mellow and laid back. Harvey thinks he's the Alpha male round here but as all the bitches mount HIM all the time so I don't think they think the same
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Bitches for me! can relate to them more
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I find males more affectionate UNLESS the bitch WANTS a cuddle.The boys will have a cuddle when I want ...she just wants a cuddle on her terms.
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks everyone I have a lot to think about so I will let everyone know what I decide.
Mary
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I have always had a dog/bitch combination.

We had Jas first then introduced Tam the bitch, she was the boss form night one lol

She stole Jas' bed, bowls, toys the lot she wasn't very cuddley but would always push Jas off my lap if he was having a cuddle lol
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3