Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 02:14 PM

Anyone been

Anyone been to a Brewers Fayre Pub, what was the food like?
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Anyone been to a Brewers Fayre Pub, what was the food like?
Hi Sweep,

I went to a Brewers Fayre pub, it was about eight years ago now, but I didn't rate it much, I prefer Beefeater places.

That is only my personal opinion, we'll have to see what the other's say, it would be a good idea for a poll, wouldn't it ?

Jill

P.S. Mick's ears are still o.k. we haven't had any trouble with them since.
Thanks for that.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 03:25 PM
We also went to one about that time ago too and didn't rate the food but have been told that it has improved by someone, just thought I would put feelers out.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 04:37 PM
They're OK. But wherever you go in the country the food is the same, I'm sure it is made in one place and shipped to all the Brewer's Fayres, so don't expect local fresh 'home' cooked food.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 04:39 PM
We go to one near us sometimes and find the food quite nice We last went on the day of my mums funeral in January and the meal was nice
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't like them and prefer to go to one of our locals where all the food is freshly prepared and made on the premises.

I know someone who worked in one and all the food is bought in pre-prepared and they just heat it up - YUK!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys............ thanks for input
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I would not Bother in Going! we went last week and Food was Terrible....Never again.
parker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by petebren
They're OK. But wherever you go in the country the food is the same, I'm sure it is made in one place and shipped to all the Brewer's Fayres, so don't expect local fresh 'home' cooked food.
I'm sure of this too, but you should be OK if you stick to something that needs grill cooking (surely they can't microwave that?!?) or a salad.

If you're looking for child friendly they're fine. We used to go sometimes if we had been out for the day and needed to eat on the way home, they do a UK directory so you can find one near to motorways etc - beats Little Chef!

Have not been for a few years now, but give it a try - there're good and bad, and complain at the time and write to their head office if it's bad.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 11:12 AM
My friend worked in one and most things are microwaved have something like grilled chicken or steak to ensure its fresh, i have found they vary one I have been to quite a few times the food was nice and went another one and the food and the service wasnt that good, also was quite ill one night after going there so havent been back!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >