Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2019, 06:33 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 8th September, 2019

Good morning all, I trust you and your lovely four legged friends are all fit and well.

Harvey, wishing you better.

Have a good day everyone wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2019, 07:30 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Lovely morning here with a chill in the air. Some washing done and now out. Nothing planned except cooking lunch.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Similar weather here Sue.

Just a pottering day today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Afternoon... it's cold, I am in shorts and a vest and may consider putting proper clothes on!!
I am expecting the mechanic back sometime today..he said late morning but I guess his first job has over run
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Good afternoon all.

Quite a nice morning here. It started off very cool but has warmed up.

There is a vintage event on in the park in town. When we walked through to get to the cafe, we were serenaded by Glen Miller songs. They have old fashioned roundabouts, swingboats, etc. They've really got it spot on with this event. It packed the park yesterday and looks set to do the same again.

Kelly, get some clothes on girl. It ain't that warm
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2019, 01:09 PM
I love retro stuff, my cousin H does absolutely wonderful vintage hair and makeup...victory rolls etc, she always looks great.
Lol...still got my shorts and vest on...will walk the dogs in a bit and see if I freeze!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Greetings to all you lovely people

Yes, have been AWOL Fact is that the third chemo session was hard especially after the steroids finished on the 24th. Had problem dragging myself out of bed let alone getting on the PC this was pretty much through to the 31st.

Had an appointment with the consultant last Thursday and there's good news and not so good news

Good news is the chemo has stopped the cancer in fact it has shrunk it. The not so good news is that he is concerned it might return (about 60% of cases) so he's starting me on another chemo session tomorrow but I think this will be only one drug (previously it was two)and I will then have to go on a 'maintanance' regime once a month which I will find out about latter.

Sorry to have been absent for so long, just was very 'down' for longer than previously.

I'm going to have a 'catch up' now, and I hope to pop in more often in futeure. Bye for now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I love retro stuff, my cousin H does absolutely wonderful vintage hair and makeup...victory rolls etc, she always looks great.
Lol...still got my shorts and vest on...will walk the dogs in a bit and see if I freeze!

I'll put my hand up and say I love Glenn Miller music, he was a very talented musician, and I think he caught the feelings of the time, the war, and all the changes that people were going through.

I did manage a walk with the dogs this afternoon, decided to put a pullover on which was a good move. It won't be long before I'm wearing my trust woolly hat
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Are you still half naked griff ?
Sounds lovely Chris.
Harvey lovely to see you back, fully understand how you must of been feeling. I know how bad Gill use to get.
Good news the chemo has done its job so far, great the consultant is going belt and braces for the future. Everything crossed you remain clear now though. Lovely to hear you managed to get out for a walk today.

Love Glenn Miller to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Oh Harvey, Good to see you and so glad that the first lot of chemo has stayed the growth. Lets hope you continue to win this battle. God bless.

Glenn Miller yes hauntingly great!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >