Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=Lionhound;2098734]
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post

I believe that Britain informed Argentina that if they felt any ship that posed a threat to British Forces would be attacked regardless of the exclusion zone and Argentina knew this, they accepted it was a legitimate act of war.

I believe in our Armed Forces and think that they do try to make the right decisions in awful circumstances.

^^^^dont know what happened to that quote?
Iagree our armed forces do try to make the right decisions, but didn't they have to follow Maggie's directions. There was a huge amount of controversy about the legitimacy of the decision and at one point folks were classing her as a war criminal.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2010, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=aerolor;2099021]
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post

Iagree our armed forces do try to make the right decisions, but didn't they have to follow Maggie's directions. There was a huge amount of controversy about the legitimacy of the decision and at one point folks were classing her as a war criminal.
Which folks??
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
I remember

I believe that tory government nearly brought this country to its knees and thats is why I would never vote conservative in my lifetime...ever ever ever.

DISCUSS [NICELY]
The Country was down and out before Maggie was elected

Remember the 70s under Heath and Cameron.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2010, 10:22 AM
it was a war.
doesnt matter if the Belgrano was sailing away.
A legitimate combat target.
It could be sailing back in days to come.

I doubt if that, or similar, didnt happen many times in WW2.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
The Country was down and out before Maggie was elected

Remember the 70s under Heath and Cameron.
Or Heath and Callaghan even and the 3 day week flippin trying to get ready for work in the pitch black because of power cuts.
I liked Maggie and obviously wasn't alone otherwise she wouldn't have been elected for 3 terms.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I remember her starting the shared ownership idea (part council rent part mortgage) on properties and suddenly finding we were eligible for a flat. Somehow that made me forget the rest as after being homeless she actually gave us some hope again.

I don't doubt she did a lot wrong but I have to say she helped us because previous to that only people with children were being housed by our council, her sympathy seemed to lie with families and also childless people too which was a first.

I remember the country voting her into office time and again and only her cabinet turning against her getting her out of office which then ended in this country being brought down by 13 years of labour rule.

I remember some unions being completely out of control (not all unions just some) and they gave her the opportunity to crush not just them but all unions which was quite wicked IMO.

I really believe she was doing what she believed was good for the country some of her thinking was flawed but some things did improve.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
I remember her starting the shared ownership idea (part council rent part mortgage) on properties and suddenly finding we were eligible for a flat. Somehow that made me forget the rest as after being homeless she actually gave us some hope again.

I don't doubt she did a lot wrong but I have to say she helped us because previous to that only people with children were being housed by our council, her sympathy seemed to lie with families and also childless people too which was a first.

I remember the country voting her into office time and again and only her cabinet turning against her getting her out of office which then ended in this country being brought down by 13 years of labour rule.

I remember some unions being completely out of control (not all unions just some) and they gave her the opportunity to crush not just them but all unions which was quite wicked IMO.

I really believe she was doing what she believed was good for the country some of her thinking was flawed but some things did improve.
I agree !!!!!!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I suppose everybody thinks differently depending on their own circumstances..

I may be on my own here but under the labour government i was never so well off.

We both have always had a job I switched easily to part time after my son was born, we were able to pay off our mortgage ealy because of low interest rates. The school my son goes too has had plenty of money to be able to extend etc as does the school he will attend when he is 11.

So i suppose we had it good and I dont want it going back to bad, which is all i remember under the last tory government.

Time will tell.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Agree.

She was an obnoxious, nasty, vile creature. Hope we don't ever get anyone like her again.
Blair?-----at least her husband wasn't on the make.

rune
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Blair?-----at least her husband wasn't on the make.

rune

are they all not ''on the make''?
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >