View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 12:01 PM
HaHaHa its a reg rant in this house as i love my books. My poor husband is sick to death of me moaning about book to films/ TV shows.

I am still put out they will not be doing the other parts of the triogy for Eragon and the golden compass . . . How very dare they!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
HaHaHa its a reg rant in this house as i love my books. My poor husband is sick to death of me moaning about book to films/ TV shows.

I am still put out they will not be doing the other parts of the triogy for Eragon and the golden compass . . . How very dare they!
I still haven't seen most of the Lord of the Rings films - if they are on from time to time, I do try and keep quiet, but then it all gets too much

Re Golden Compass - I thought the following on books were a bit too dark...I don't think they could make them faithfully following the story as a children's film and I'n not sure how success they would be as an adults film? (though most adults I know loved it). I actually saw the film before I read the first book, so I had no problems with the film
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I love the lord of the ring films but then i only made it through the first book before i got bored of it I enjoyed the hobbit but it seemed he went a bit overboard on LOTR. He couldn't just say it was a tree he had to write about 3 pages on what the tree looked like and it got a bit much! Will have another go at them one day though
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
I love the lord of the ring films but then i only made it through the first book before i got bored of it I enjoyed the hobbit but it seemed he went a bit overboard on LOTR. He couldn't just say it was a tree he had to write about 3 pages on what the tree looked like and it got a bit much! Will have another go at them one day though
I know what you mean, but I sort of speed read a lot of books the first time - skipping over descriptions etc and just reading enough to make sure I'm keeping up with the story. If I enjoyed the speed read, I go back and read them again properly. LOTR I must've read about 20 times over the past 20 years, but there are bits that I'll have only read once because they are so dull
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2