View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:11 PM
My pay's gonna be frozen too!! I'm a nurse and although I work for a company our pay follows the NHS nurses pay...so they get no rise...we get no rise
The VAT is the other thing that will affect us (all of us!!). Increase in VAT and no pay rises...so we'll be worse off like most of the country!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 05:59 AM
The only bit that made me prick up my ears was raising the pension age to 66........

Apart from that, totally expected results.

Let's hope it works and we can undo the financial damage and move on!

Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Didn't watch/listen to it, so no idea whats happening lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 11:28 AM
My absolute favourite bit of the budget is the housing benefit they are cutting down to £280 for a 2 bed and £400 for a 4 bed house, whereas NOW, some people were getting housing benefit for £100K a year!!!! Work that one out then!!!

Why are peops queueing at petrol stations then when vat won't be going up until January??? I filled mine up on Monday so I'm ok!

The vat will affect my shopping next year, but then I bought everything we needed over the past 3 years, so nothing else to get really, so I've been let off lightly too!

Hubby will gain I think with his small business, I think they've got some tax relief and so they should have these small businesses!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 11:40 AM
i will lose my child tax credits from January but ive only got 6mths left on that anyway so no big crisis.

VAT will affect everyone so were all in the same boat there.i'll just spend less.

BUT so much for the Tories helping families when they cut cut/freeze the benefits they need.

Bah humbug!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Apart from the VAT rise, I'm not affected at all...

Don't have kids cos can't afford to stop work to have them, don't claim benefits, don't work for the civil service...

My OH remarked last night that the civil servants were lucky. He works in the private sector and hasn't had a pay increase in at least 5 years!!
Scooter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Me & OH are both civil servants.

Both work hard - covering more than just our jobs due to cuts that have already taken place.

Media & Government portray us as money wasting spongers.

We could have been hit worse, but job cuts threats still hang over us.

We have both worked in the public and private sector and have been through previous restructures, redundancies etc - we didn't think that the PS offered us jos for life, but neither did we expect to take the fall for the bankers

Oh, well there's still work to do at the moment and hopefully we can get through this one.

Feel sorry for the parents in the country as they have all been hit hard too. Not a lot to smile about, but you have to crack on

Sorry to sound so gripey!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I think the main civil servant jobs to go will be those useless quango type jobs, surely you have to admit they have been a wasted commodity? I'd like to see some of the council jobs cut where a lot of the workers stand around leaning on their shovels too! I'm hoping they can sift through all the useless non-entities and leave your jobs alone of course!
Scooter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Dare I admit I work for a quango???

(Runs away to hide!!)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Poo, just realised that they have taken away my free (over 60's) swim.
They say people would go swimming anyway. THAT is not the point, it was just one little perk for the over 60's, of which there are very few
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >