Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 08:54 PM

Going Postal

Any Pratchett fans been watching this?

I'm sooo disappointed - I think its awful. The casting of the characters is rubbish, they've changed the story line....I couldn't watch all of it, it's got me too wound up
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Oh dear!! I havent got sky so I was looking forward to the DVD
I have enjoyed the other ones and thought this one would work really well!!
Ach, well I will still watch it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 05:58 AM
I don't read TP, so enjoyed the programme - the first part at least
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Oh dear!! I havent got sky so I was looking forward to the DVD
I have enjoyed the other ones and thought this one would work really well!!
Ach, well I will still watch it
The others (Colour of Magic and Hogfather) haven't been too bad - but honestly, this one, I'm really wondering whether the producer/director actually read the book at all!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I don't read TP, so enjoyed the programme - the first part at least
You'll have to read the book Vicki...it is so much better. But then I guess its like a lot of things, I always find that the first version of something that I see/hear/read always seems better.

I think the only film version of my favourite books that I haven't been disappointed with was Pride and Prejudice as they were completely faithful to the book
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I Love Terry Pratchett!!! but don't have Sky anymore!!! Managed to blag my sister to record me it tho so hopefully will get to see it soon

I really enjoyed the book ~ don't think there's a TP book I haven't enjoyed though!

Oooh Hali .... Hope its not THAT bad!?!?!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by DippyLeo View Post
I Love Terry Pratchett!!! but don't have Sky anymore!!! Managed to blag my sister to record me it tho so hopefully will get to see it soon

I really enjoyed the book ~ don't think there's a TP book I haven't enjoyed though!

Oooh Hali .... Hope its not THAT bad!?!?!
Afraid so....well for me anyway. I just sat there huffing and puffing and then decided I was better off not watching it so turned it off. OH then wanted to watch the 2nd part, so I sat through 15 minutes of that before I got even more grumpy and went upstairs

Hopefully now I've said that your expectations will be so low that you will enjoy it
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Oh dear
I have actually enjoyed the other adaptations - and in general if I have read the book I will hate the film
I was asked to leave the cinema for 'war of the worlds' I missed most of 'Queen of the dammed' for yelling at the TV
About the only adaptations I have been able to bear are 'slience of the lambs' and 'interview with the vampire'
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 10:23 AM
oh no! I haven`t got Sky so was going to buy it. I may have to go round a friends` house to check it out first.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I love TP but i have refused to watch the Sky programes because i just think that the casting of rincewind was so totally wrong.

On a side note 'interview with the vampire' was a very good book to film but Anne Rice wrote the screen play. I also liked the True blood seriers and the twilight films have done well by the books. The worst one i ever saw was the Horse Whisper, great book the film was a load of drivel!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Oh dear
I have actually enjoyed the other adaptations - and in general if I have read the book I will hate the film
I was asked to leave the cinema for 'war of the worlds' I missed most of 'Queen of the dammed' for yelling at the TV
About the only adaptations I have been able to bear are 'slience of the lambs' and 'interview with the vampire'
yep, that sounds familir.

With silence of the lambs I actually saw the film first so wasn't disappointed with it....but I still thought the book was better when I did read it.

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
oh no! I haven`t got Sky so was going to buy it. I may have to go round a friends` house to check it out first.
I should - if you are as 'unforgiving' as me

Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
I love TP but i have refused to watch the Sky programes because i just think that the casting of rincewind was so totally wrong.
On a side note 'interview with the vampire' was a very good book to film but Anne Rice wrote the screen play. I also liked the True blood seriers and the twilight films have done well by the books. The worst one i ever saw was the Horse Whisper, great book the film was a load of drivel!
Very sensible - I think I should've done that and then I wouldn't have got so worked up about it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >