Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2010, 05:02 PM

Breaking news - Gordon Brown is stepping down

ItV 1 now. Gordon Brown is stepping down. In the hopes the Lib Dems will join them.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:03 PM
so if hes stepping down, who's stepping up?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:05 PM
That's all it needs, thank God he's suddenly opened his eyes

I'm sure, if we got him outed and put in a new labour man, we'd get things back on track, and the Lib Dems won't have to back down with the Conservatives, but then again, CAN Cameron just take over without the majority if he wants to, or would priority go if the Lib Dems joined up with Labour (if Brown is outed of course!). Oh it's done my head in now I'm getting fed up with it, somebody needs to get their a*se into No. 10 don't they!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Shona I think Harriet Harman will take over temporarily till they get a new leader.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Shona I think Harriet Harman will take over temporarily till they get a new leader.
ah thanks for that, politics make my head
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
so if hes stepping down, who's stepping up?
Well...hes not stepping down just yet.....but he will be gone by september.... apparently....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Mine too.

I only know because it was on the news this morning if he stood down and there was no leader as yet as she is deputy she will be caretaker till new leader is found.

I have a feeling he may of been given a gentle nudge.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-05-2010, 05:14 PM
It's the right thing to do Gordon!

Now... wonder who will replace him - whoever it is, least it will be someone actually voted in by their party
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It's the right thing to do Gordon!

Now... wonder who will replace him - whoever it is, least it will be someone actually voted in by their party
You hope....
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's all it needs, thank God he's suddenly opened his eyes

I'm sure, if we got him outed and put in a new labour man, we'd get things back on track, and the Lib Dems won't have to back down with the Conservatives, but then again, CAN Cameron just take over without the majority if he wants to, or would priority go if the Lib Dems joined up with Labour (if Brown is outed of course!). Oh it's done my head in now I'm getting fed up with it, somebody needs to get their a*se into No. 10 don't they!!!
My heads spinning too!! According to OH no DC can't just get in as first dibs goes to the existing PM/party so if he can form a coalition with Lib dem and the SDLP is always known to side with labour, no matter what, so Labour lib dem coalition gets their votes too, and another of the parties inb Ulster, the alliance have said they will support lib dems , so their votes get added in.

Beyond that what they will probably do the SNP and the welsh nationalists have said they won't go into a formal coalition but the Plaid cymru will basically back anyone who keeps tories out, therefore what they will do when it comes to budget, queens speech etc they won't vote against the coalition so Tories won't be able to knock them down, as they will get all the parties votes.

And on other things like education, health, DDA etc they will try to get concessions and vote on a case by case basis.

The idea being that the tories might get some backing but they will still need the vote from the other parties to vote down the coalition government. And the SNP and Plaid Cymru have said they will not vote against the government in matters which could bring a coalition government down.

So IMO all we need now is labour and lib dem to agree terms and get someone to fill Gordon's boots
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »