View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Wonder if it is going to be the bitchy gay man they have been talking about. I would like to see a man that will put Ziggy in his place and knock him off the throne he thinks he is on.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow, hear it first on Dogsey!! Looking forward to another guy going in, it was getting a bit boring with an all female cast. Hopefully this one might get his own harem. That would divert from the Ziggy storyline.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I've just heard on the news about Emily being kicked out. I've been out all morning with the dog so didn't watch it this morning unfortunately.

I hope they put in an older maturer chap.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2007, 11:15 AM
THE Commission for Racial Equality have waded in now and are talking out their backsides as normal.

THE Commission for Racial Equality has backed Channel 4’s decision to evict Emily for making a racist remark aimed at Charley.

In a statement the CRE said: “We’re relieved that Channel 4 has acted quickly.

“This incident will show everyone that racism must never be tolerated in any way, shape or form.

“ We can see from this incident that there is no stereotype of a racist, they
come from all walks of life, education and social background.

“Two series of Big Brother, two racist incidents - this just shows how prevalent racism is in Britain
Now from what I have heard she used a racist word, therefore does not mean she is a racist.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
She got the boot in the early hours for a racist comment towards Charley.
i don't have a racially predudiced bone in my body. but i can't understand why ethnic minorities get SO upset about about words. i'm a scot & proud of it. i don't get upset if i'm called a jock, irish don't get miffed at being called paddies, or micks, welsh don't at taffies, northern scots are called teuchters, french are called frogs, spanish are called spics, and so on. they're only WORDS for goodness sake. let me tell you, i've been in england many times & called a jock and i take no offence whatsoever !! lighten up, and get a life !!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Who me or those in charge of BB :smt017

I just quoted what was is beening reported by all the news channels

BTW for the records I hate the word N***** and she deserved to get kicked off for using it.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
Who me or those in charge of BB :smt017

I just quoted what was is beening reported by all the news channels

BTW for the records I hate the word N***** and she deserved to get kicked off for using it.
I dont like the word, I agree if using a word that can be classed as racist is against the rules then she should have gone.

But what annoys me is that black youth use the word to meet/greet each other but take offence if someone else of a different race uses it. That imo is racist itself. I also dislike the fact she is being villified already for being racist when there is no proof she is. But thats a debate for another time
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
THE Commission for Racial Equality have waded in now and are talking out their backsides as normal.

Now from what I have heard she used a racist word, therefore does not mean she is a racist.
totally agree, she perhaps said it in the heat of the moment, now the CRE are involved & all hell is gonna break lose, over a WORD !!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
I've missed all this.

The only thing I've seen since the bloke went in has been the row over the hair straighteners.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Does anyone else find it a bit "funny" that when, just like cbb the ratings were slipping a big racist row is started.
Page 5 of 38 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »