Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
They're pulling all Jade's perfumes off the shelves!!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!! It's gonna get worse for her, a lot worse!!!
Good! Jade's a bully and of those 3 girls, she is the one who's 'career' will suffer the most. Shame on her.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I think the reason the media are covering it to this extent is because of the number of complaints that have been made. I think last night the figure was at 13,000? I read that it was a record number of complaints for any tv show.
Yeah i agree. but it begs the question why people or willing to except the bullying of one person but not the other.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Yeah i agree. but it begs the question why people or willing to except the bullying of one person but not the other.
Because it smacks of racism and racism of any sort has to stop.

Think of the problems caused by racism for 1000's of years. A lot of cultures have a lot owing to them for the treatment of them by others, and any hint of it should be condemned. Its they only way people will be educated.

Yes, Jade and others may be ignorant, but nowadays that is no excuse to be allowed to continue to behave in that manner and not be educated. We all need to learn about others and be far more tollerant and even if we don't always understand.

An example... my ex-mother in law used to call brazil nuts '*igger toes', because she was from Oklahoma and she knew no different. So I tried to explain that for a start some would find that offensive, and also it is continuing ideas about people that are wrong. It is showing disrespect.

I know sometimes the whole world seems to have gone politically correct, but with racism there is a historical reason why why we should all try to stop it no matter how menial it seems at the time.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 05:39 PM
It has to stop, agreed. But it takes me back to my main point, is it not racist to say that bullying one person is worse than bullying another just because of the colour of their skin. Its like saying she is a white person so has to put up with bullying.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Because it smacks of racism and racism of any sort has to stop.

Think of the problems caused by racism for 1000's of years. A lot of cultures have a lot owing to them for the treatment of them by others, and any hint of it should be condemned. Its they only way people will be educated.

Yes, Jade and others may be ignorant, but nowadays that is no excuse to be allowed to continue to behave in that manner and not be educated. We all need to learn about others and be far more tollerant and even if we don't always understand.

An example... my ex-mother in law used to call brazil nuts '*igger toes', because she was from Oklahoma and she knew no different. So I tried to explain that for a start some would find that offensive, and also it is continuing ideas about people that are wrong. It is showing disrespect.

I know sometimes the whole world seems to have gone politically correct, but with racism there is a historical reason why why we should all try to stop it no matter how menial it seems at the time.
Excellent post. There have been times when people that I've been around have come out with racist comments, not even realising that what they've said is offensive. When I've taken the time to explain why it's offensive it has made a difference to the way they think. I hope so anyway!

People think that racism is something that is banded about too often but the truth is racism is just as alive and kicking as it was 40 years ago. People are still denied opportunities because of their race/culture. The only difference is there are laws in place to protect people to an extent so people are much more covert with their attitudes.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 05:52 PM
It has to stop, agreed. But it takes me back to my main point, is it not racist to say that bullying one person is worse than bullying another just because of the colour of their skin. Its like saying she is a white person so has to put up with bullying.
It's not racist if the colour of their skin or culture is the same. In Jodie Marsh's case, and when Jade bullied Sophie in the BB house before they were not of a different colour or culture.

Bullying should not be tolerated, full stop, but when there is even a hint of racism in there, such as the current situation, things need to be taken further.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
It's not racist if the colour of their skin or culture is the same. In Jodie Marsh's case, and when Jade bullied Sophie in the BB house before they were not of a different colour or culture.

Bullying should not be tolerated, full stop, but when there is even a hint of racism in there, such as the current situation, things need to be taken further.
Why should it? as the thing what has happend is exectly the same, Bullying. And taken the colour of someones skin into account is racist itself as you are saying the colour of her skin matters. Dont get me wrong jade and the others in the house are nasty idiotic people and imo bullys are the scum of the earth. But they should not be treated more harshly because their victim has a different colour skin.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Bullying is bullying. I agree with you on that but Shilpa is also experiencing racial prejudice. If I remember rightly, there was media attention when Jodie Marsh was being singled out. I think Shilpa is the victim of bullying (which should not be tolerated) and she's also being singled out because she's different. (also should not be tolerated).
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Why should it? as the thing what has happend is exectly the same, Bullying. And taken the colour of someones skin into account is racist itself as you are saying the colour of her skin matters. Dont get me wrong jade and the others in the house are nasty idiotic people and imo bullys are the scum of the earth. But they should not be treated more harshly because their victim has a different colour skin.
Because it has far wider implications. Bullying, say in Jodie Marsh's case is against one person, bullying with race involved is against a whole race, and we should all be aware what that can do. Jodie was upset and took offence yes, and thats wrong. But when you are upsetting and offending millions of people then Ch4 it takes an awful lot longer to sort out and make amends, if ever.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
got to say i have watched most of the shows, and i don't think it is racist at all. They dislike shilpa because she gives the impression of being above others in the way she talks and acts. She has her own way of getting sympathy ie glasses and wings and i personally don't like her. #

I am not racist and i don't think anyone on big brother has behaved like racists. They just don't like her.

If somebody said to a scottish or irish or welsh person "go back home" would we be mentioning the racist word. I don't think so. I am fed up with people being accused of racism when i personally think we have to be so careful these days.
Also if they are racist why are they not picking on Jermain - he's black (am i allowed to say that). moan over with, each to there own - this is my opinion.

Yes............................................... ..I would say that would be rascist. I have suffered that form of racism.
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »