Is it racist ? big brother

i don't watch it just seem bits on the news channel 4 says its not racist

I think Jade goodie and Co are a disgrace

your thoughts please
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't normally watch it but I did last night. Personally I don't think it's racist, more the fact that Jade Goody has a big chip on her shoulder about her own childhood and consequently is jealous of this girl. She also feels sort of "above the rest" coz she's been in there before, so feels like she's the head of the family, and likes showing off to the others and wants them all to be against this girl she's got the bea in her bonnet about!

Personally, I also think the girl is handling things very well indeed. Don't forget they edit a lot of it so we're not seeing the whole story, suffice to say the Channel 4 producers want Jade to look the baddie in all of this coz it makes for good tv! There might be some truth in what Jade is actually saying about her, i.e. she's up her own, that's probably true, but perleeeease, just a few short words to let her know that would have sufficed rather than go on and on and on like she did imo, making herself look a right nasty piece of work. It can't have done much for her own street cred can it!!!! She might be very surprised when she comes out, her fan club might have diminished somewhat, Jade Goody's I mean, not the other girl, it's made her look quite good!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:47 AM
I think it is.
They are bullying her.
They are singling her out because she is a bit 'different'.
Yes, some would argue that it is because she comes form a different class, but that class is also in a whole other culture and that is why they are picking on her...thus it is rascism. I dread to think of what they would be saying if there were no cameras.
Danielle actually said on the sho last night
"She should just f*** off home"
and " she can't even speak Englsih properly" (said because Shilpa had told Jade to go for elocution lessons....nuff said...)
So...yes. I actually turned it off the other night as I couldn'tstand it anymore. I found it offensive and to be honest painful to watch someone being bullied to that extent.
I think Jade Goody may well have totally trashed the very successful career she had carved for herself.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:51 AM
i like the comment on this morning from jodie marsh .....Shipla is everything Jade isn't
gorgeous funny talentend clever etc...made me smile
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:52 AM
good comment.
You should have attached a poll on this, it would have been interesting!!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:54 AM
we could ask a clever mod to add one ?
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree there is bullying, but not so sure about racism.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I think it is.
They are bullying her.
They are singling her out because she is a bit 'different'.
Yes, some would argue that it is because she comes form a different class, but that class is also in a whole other culture and that is why they are picking on her...thus it is rascism. I dread to think of what they would be saying if there were no cameras.
Danielle actually said on the sho last night
"She should just f*** off home"
and " she can't even speak Englsih properly" (said because Shilpa had told Jade to go for elocution lessons....nuff said...)
So...yes. I actually turned it off the other night as I couldn'tstand it anymore. I found it offensive and to be honest painful to watch someone being bullied to that extent.
I think Jade Goody may well have totally trashed the very successful career she had carved for herself.
Totally agree!
I've always watched big brother and seen every episode this series as well as catch up on the website each day. I was aware of the fuss brewing but after watching last night we were appalled.
Shilpa herself now feels it is racism, and Channel 4 were saying yesterday there is no overt racism, but it is not right to let it go on.

Yes, the instigator is Jade, who behaved like this when she was on Big Brother originally. If she thinks she has people on her side she does it. Unfortunately I think Jo & Danielle have been swept along with it, just like girls at school.

I think Jade should be removed like her Mum but without getting anymore airtime... she goes out.... no Davina interview, nothing.

She says somewhere it claims she is the 25th most influential person in the world.... well is this what we want to be influenced by? It wouldn't be tollerated in sport or other mediums so shouldn't be tolerated by Channel 4.

Rant over. Just can't stand bullying for whatever reason.

I have complained to Ch4last night, which took a while as they were busy surprise surprise.... and to Ofcom, which now has a special link just for Big Brother...and its still very slow as was overloaded last night.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
I agree there is bullying, but not so sure about racism.
its a hard one .........although i can see that mocking her culture would be racist
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 12:02 PM
The thing is they are picking on her because she is different, she is different because she is Indian..therefore it is rascism.
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »