View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2006, 11:05 PM

Oh what a shame I'll have a new baby distracting me from watching. Hmmm - nappies or footy :smt017 ... pass the Pampers!!! :smt023
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 06:15 AM
I would rather watch paint dry. Ireland didn't qualify (we have GAA sports here, but there is still a keen interest in "soccer") the radio presenters have been running polls on which team the Irish will support. Many are going for England as they are the nearest neighbours, although there is plenty of support for Poland on account of the increasing numbers of Poles here! As for people going off sick - my Company doesn't pay sick pay so nobody takes it!

At least the A&E departments will be quiet until England gets knocked out!
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Can't stand football and neither can my o/h or my son. The sooner England get knocked out of the competition the better. Maybe then people will shut up about it.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 07:14 AM
We are totally ready - I adore the World Cup!

This is the first time we haven't been abroad whilst it is on, Sid mis-judged it by a week and we are away when it is all finished (still going on hols so cannot complain!!)

We have all our vests and England tops ready, I have the car flags on my Mini Cooper which has a union jack roof so it looks cool with the extra England stuff on it like car stickers etc!

I am gutted that I am working on Saturday, I wouldn't care I am covering for another girl who is off, I wasn't supposed to be in Never mind, we still have (hopefully ) plenty of matches to watch together!!
cuzbull
Dogsey Junior

09-06-2006, 07:32 AM
I'll definately be watching, i love football.
Just been watching some england fans in frankfurt, wish i was there we are only about 3 hours drive away.

COME ON ENGLAND
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE The sooner England get knocked out of the competition the better.[/QUOTE]

I know hunderds of people who don'y like football but not one of them wishing their country defeat what a shame you feel that way
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
I hate football, but I don't wish them defeat.

If anybody would like me to work for them on Saturday, rather than being stuck at home.......although we WON'T be watching, we still hear from the neighbours yelling.....then I'm more than happy to cover for you
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
I hate football, but I don't wish them defeat.
I think many think like you CC .....OH is not a huge fan but wouldn't want them to loose ....don't get me wrong its a game and it won't change my life if we don't make it
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2006, 09:06 AM
It's not so much that I wish the team defeat it's more that I really don't give a cr*p either way.
I love other sports but I really dislike some of the element that call themselves football supporters, I intensely dislike the way some of the top players conduct their lives and the ridiculous salaries they are payed. I also dislike the hold the game has over the country at the moment, I mean, I really couldn't give two hoots about Wayne Rooney's damned foot!! or the spat between Sven and Sir Alex Ferguson.

My bro loves football and luckily for him being the manager for the pub chain that he works for has been able to book two days off for most of Englands games, one day off to watch and one day off to recover.

I really can't remember ever liking football, I mean come on !! If Derby County was your home team you'd feel the same way!!

Give me rugby or cricket or motorsport any day of the week.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star

Oh what a shame I'll have a new baby distracting me from watching. Hmmm - nappies or footy :smt017 ... pass the Pampers!!! :smt023
Yes I don't blame you LS - your new baby will be MUCH more exciting (and probably less noisy )
Page 7 of 44 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »