Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 05:02 PM

bush tv/vid/dvd combi

Has anyone else got one of these?i have just got one and its great apart from whilst it videos it wont let me change channels!!ive tried to ring the helpline but its always engaged?any ideas anyone? ps i have set it up exactly as it says in the instruction booklet!!
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2005, 05:04 PM
My sis has got a TV/Video combi and she can't change the channel whilst videoing as unlike a seperate TV and Video the combi is just one system and hence one lot of tuning... Does it say in the instuctions that you can do this?
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 05:09 PM
no yorkie it doesnt say you can do it, but it didn't say you couldnt either, which i thinks a bit daft as thats what a lot of us use tv and vids for!!videoing one channel whilst watching another!!
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Exactly!! My sister was really annoyed when she realised and then to top it off when she tried to record something on christmas day it recorded without sound!!
Just keep trying the helpline as she got hers a good few years ago and surely technology has come on since then...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Whether you can record and change the station onto something else depends whether your tv combi has a twin tuner or not. If it has a twin tuner then you can watch one side and tape the other. My mum has a Philips one that can do this but my sons tv and my portable which are TV/Video combis can't because they are only single tuners.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 06:29 PM
ta foxy!!it doesnt say if its a twin tuner or not either.ive emailed the customer services to see if they can help, if not i might have to take it back
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Where did you get it from? If you go to somewhere like Currys it usually tells you on the description panel on the shelf whether its a twin tuner or a single tuner. Twin tuners might be a bit more expensive - but they are well worth it
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2005, 02:38 AM
Don't know whether or not this affects the issue, but it may be worth remembering that Bush is no longer a brand make, like Sony, Phillips or Hitachi. The Bush name is now just a "badge of convenience", and the item itself could have been made by anyone (usually unknown or unheard-of)

Snorri
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Yes I have never bought this name myself - I usually buy Philips because they seem quite good. Although my son has got a Daewoo telly - I thought they made cars - it was quite cheap though because its 21 inch and a telly video too and only cost £99 - its good enough for him anyway

I always stay away from Sony now because I have had a few things that were absolute rubbish from them.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Although my son has got a Daewoo telly - I thought they made cars
I always stay away from Sony now because I have had a few things that were absolute rubbish from them.
I have a guitar made by Suzuki (or a subsidiary thereof) - I used to think they only made motor bikes! Now I find that they make beer, too ("Kirin")!

I've never had a problem with things made by Sony (except for the price!) - my Sony TV lasted 15 years, and many of my hifi separates are Sony - again, no probs! I suppose there's always a rogue in the batch! (Like a Foxy in DW???)

Snorri
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >