Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi I was looking forward to it,but some years ago bought a set of DVD's also called The Bible,but it was produced by Jehova Witness.It was OK but slanted the stories to its belief.Gemini54
That's because the Jehovah's witnesses have adifferent belief and different bible
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
That's because the Jehovah's witnesses have adifferent belief and different bible
Hi Maybe but I thought the bible was copyright,although if my memory serves me right there is New Testament for Catholics and Old for Jews,though there has been a great deal of change since 1969,and I havent been to mass since then,I think the first change was latin replaced by english,I wish that had happened earlier as latin was horrible.Gemini54
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Catholics protestants orthodox and jehovahs all have adifferent bible. they all have old and new testaments. difference is books have been added or taken away.

Jews only accept old testament

that's the basics
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
Catholics protestants orthodox and jehovahs all have adifferent bible. they all have old and new testaments. difference is books have been added or taken away.

Jews only accept old testament

that's the basics
Wrong.

And as an Orthodox Jew I would very much appreciate it if you did not post incorrect information.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Wrong.

And as an Orthodox Jew I would very much appreciate it if you did not post incorrect information.
Don't worry dear malka, was only a simple neutral conversation between myself and Gemini, didn't mean anything
Based on common general knowledge possesses since my religious studies class at school, where we learned the old testament is part of the Jewish bible and in fact Jews don't even call it the oold testament as they don't accept their is a new testament

but just to be on the safe side I did Google before posting , and a website called Judaism 101, which styles itself as an educational resource that writes from 'the orthodox point of view', did tell me Iwas. correct

funny enough when I read your post I was walking my Jewish friend's dog so thought id ask her. she said this is so and cant imagine why aJewish person would get upset by someone mentioning it ?

But if you have any other actual info malka, please share , I'm akeen student

Happy new year
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

01-01-2014, 03:21 PM
1 - The "Old Testament" is not the "Jewish bible".

2 - I know what Judaism 101 is - it is an American website. It has some good information for non-Jews but is basically a website for American secular Jews.

3 - Mazal Tov for walking a Jewish friend's dog. How wonderful of you.

4 - This is not the Jewish New Year therefore your wishes do not apply to me. Perhaps you should ask your Jewish friend as she [or is it a he] obviously knows as much about Judaism as you do.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
1 - The "Old Testament" is not the "Jewish bible".

2 - I know what Judaism 101 is - it is an American website. It has some good information for non-Jews but is basically a website for American secular Jews.

3 - Mazal Tov for walking a Jewish friend's dog. How wonderful of you.

4 - This is not the Jewish New Year therefore your wishes do not apply to me. Perhaps you should ask your Jewish friend as she [or is it a he] obviously knows as much about Judaism as you do.
I'm quite interested to hear what you accept as scripture. I've always been led to believe Jews accepted the whole of the old testament with thr 5 books of Moses being particularly important.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
I'm quite interested to hear what you accept as scripture. I've always been led to believe Jews accepted the whole of the old testament with thr 5 books of Moses being particularly important.
I do not think this is the place for me to discuss my religion. But I will say just this - what you call "The Five Books of Moses" are not the Old Testament, and it really is not for me to try to explain my religion to you on Dogsey.

And "Scripture" has no place in the Jewish religion.

Please accept my apologies for wanting to back out of this subject now.

I wish you all the best.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
I.expressed an interest to. as malka told me what was wrong about the info I posted I naturally assumed she would therefore be keen to give me the correct info. whatever may be thought, that isnt. a personal comment. I am like you in such things genuinely interest me and Iam therefore happy to learn something new
You are right to be given to what you believe regarding Judaism accepting the old testament (though they don't call it that ) as that is what is reported as being the case when you go on any websites like Judaism 101 and Wikipedia. and all my Jewish freinds also tell me this and we learnt it all in school . they all also so therefore new testament isn't accepted

however none of these sources are orthodox Jews and Ido know even in Israel they differ in their idea of Judaism to other Jews .

I'm gonna look for some orthodox sources and sites to educate myself
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2014, 05:43 PM
I am requesting once more not to be questioned about Judaism or my Jewish beliefs on Dogsey.

Dogsey is a forum about dogs. It is not a forum about religion therefore I am requesting, once more, not to be questioned about either my religion or my beliefs.

And I thank you for respecting my wishes.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >