Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 10:48 AM

London theatre breaks

It's my daughters 16th birthday next month and as a birthday present we are going to take her to London to see the musical Wicked She is a singer/actress herself and desperately wants to land the part of Elpheba herself one day , everyone must have their dream eh!

Have been trying to price tickets, hotels etc, but tbh I find myself utterly lost! There is such a differing range of prices, and being perfectly honest, it must be as low as possible. Does anyone have any sites they know of or have used in the past that they can point me to?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Have you looked at coach trips? They often do a really good deal on travel, accommodation, dinner and theatre.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I haven't simply because I'm not sure whether they would appeal to a 16 yr old . And also we wanted to do an overnight stay in a hotel and then do a little shopping in the city as well. I don't think we'd have quite that freedom on a coach trip, although if anyone knows otherwise please let me know
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Link did not work but look on National Express

I am assuming you will either drive (fuel and parking costs) or train?

I have done this in the past and it worked out at brilliant value.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Yep, I'll be driving. I'm thinking now it'll prob be cheaper to book a travellodge and buy tickets seperately :/
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Tickets for wicked are on offer from last-minute..]
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2012, 11:11 AM
What date you looking ...
You got me bloody searching now ..lol
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Have a look at your local paper, the Sentential (Staffordshire) was advertising theatre trips the the night...train, hotel and tickets to a show...

You may find the same in yours..or go on the aboves webpage to see if its possible,
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 11:15 AM
If you wanted to stay in central you might struggle to find a hotel with parking. It's often only the big ones that have underground parking etc. There is very little on street parking, and where it is, it is extortionate.

My recommendation would be to get the train and a travel card.

Premier Inn is brilliant usually at a fair price if you book in advance, there is one on the Southbank which is nice and there is plenty to do round there.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
What date you looking ...
You got me bloody searching now ..lol
lol, sorry We're going on friday 2nd November
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Have a look at your local paper, the Sentential (Staffordshire) was advertising theatre trips the the night...train, hotel and tickets to a show...

You may find the same in yours..or go on the aboves webpage to see if its possible,
Thanks, I'll have a look

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
If you wanted to stay in central you might struggle to find a hotel with parking. It's often only the big ones that have underground parking etc. There is very little on street parking, and where it is, it is extortionate.

My recommendation would be to get the train and a travel card.

Premier Inn is brilliant usually at a fair price if you book in advance, there is one on the Southbank which is nice and there is plenty to do round there.
I'm actually a little bit more fortunate, although prob not the right word lol. I have a blue badge and all the hotels I've looked at with parking allow me to do so for free, and having been to London on a saturday before I know I can park in disabled areas ok

I'll try the premier inn though, had only looked at travel lodge up until now.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >