View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 06:55 AM
I had heard that there were visa problems a couple of weeks ago......How long ago was the judges houses filmed I wonder? Was she rejected for this reason or not?
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2010, 07:04 AM
I think she was rejected for this reason.

I am putting my bets down now and hope everybody who watched does so to...........but you have to do it before sat.

REBECCA TO WIN.
MATT TO COME SECOND.

You can only change your mind if yours are voted out.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I don't 'get' Katie at all either. She irritates me and hopefully she'll be the first out. Agree. She is so false, none of her tears or words were genuine! I thought Cher was good in her first audition (although her facial expressions when preforming are a little...odd IMO) but very average in the ones after. Agree again. I appreciate her originality and hope she does better now, but still think she is too odd for her age. Rebecca is great and one to watch; reminds me much of Leona Lewis. Love her, but nothing like Leona. She has so much more raw talent imo, but that might be just because her voice is exactly my kind of thing. Reminds me so much of a modern Billie Holliday! Can't wait to see more of her.

Really like Aiden and I think he will do well. Likewise with Matt; amazing voice and seems like a nice guy (like Rebecca, I'm thinking a possible winner?). Don't really rate Nicolo; would have prefered Marlon or Paige to go through. Agree!!

Dunno what to make of the Over 28's. The only one that stands out for me is Storm, although he is a bit irritating too. Agree again ;o)

As for the Groups...all the young girls will be voting for the group of young lads. I'll be interested to see what they do.I think Simon should have ditched all but two of the boys that were put together as only 2 sang and were good. I REALLY liked, erm, the ones who Sinitta liked that harmonised well. They're ones to watch.
I must admit, I don't get the hype with Gamu, although I cannot stand that Katie girl and Gamu has a great voice, I thought she had a very cocky personality and her tears all seemed very fake and too seeking.

Still, being led along like this is what it's all about, we love it really! Can't wait till Sat's show ;o)
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
All predictable and marketable acts, and from someone who does this managing and promoting locally and smallscale I can wholeheartedly live by that above statement!
Interestingly I've said for a while, Cheryl & Danni aren't qualified enough to judge or mentor. The point of the original show was that they were mentored by a big manager, and then if they won/did well were went onto be managed by this manager. Made it more genuine and real, now it's more of a vaudiville (sp as its been a very long day!) show. I say bring Mrs Osbourne back!! Say what you want about her being famous for being married to a bat biting rocker, but do you research and you'll find pre-reality tv she was one of the biggest female managers in rock, in more ways than one!
Whole shows become a bit of a joke, was always a fan but in recent years its just marketing ploy after marketing ploy, even to the point of judges being fired -cough-. I'll still watch though!
oh i so agree with you sharon osbourne is fantastic and more qualifide than danni or cheril bring back sharon and her book's are a hoot to read
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Just seen this - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...portation.html

I think we know where this is going..........
LittleOscar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2010, 07:56 AM
My hubby just sent me a link on [a social network] not sure if it will post on here, but it seems Gamu may face deportation
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11482391
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Love her, but nothing like Leona. She has so much more raw talent imo, but that might be just because her voice is exactly my kind of thing. Reminds me so much of a modern Billie Holliday! Can't wait to see more of her.
Agree 100% Pidge, she has so much raw talent , fabulous old fashioned voice, cant wait to see her grow in confidence.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
I can't believe Cher and Katie got through when the both behaved like children ( Cheryl herself called one of them a drama queen ), it looks like in some instances 'quirky' takes priority over talent in the girls category this year.

Of the girls I would like to see Rebbecca do well, I think she is both unassuming and talented and has an unusual and instantly recognisable quality to her voice.
Somehow I don't think she will do well, I think the powers that be are looking for something different and 'now' .
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 10:15 AM
OK......Matt to win......with Rebecca second and the new girl group in third.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
OK......Matt to win......with Rebecca second and the new girl group in third.
Girl groups never seem to do well on the X-Factor for some reason. I think a big proportion of voters on the show are young girls and they have a tendancy to vote for the boys.
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »