View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 10:42 AM

A message from CARA on the panorama programme.

[B]What a great idea i thought...what do you think

[ "The soul can have no rainbows, unless the eyes have shed some tears!" ]

A message from CARA

No doubt most of you saw the very moving Panorama programme on BBC yesterday (30th August 2007). It is 3am and I am still seething about it all. Not just the programme, that was triggered by the death of a child by a 'pitbull type' dog, but at the number of staffs, staff x, boxer x, mastiff x, and all the poor 'lookalike' dogs that are now being destroyed by council pounds, police, throughout the UK in an ignorant/ knee jerk bid to be seen to be doing something.

Whilst I appreciate that something needs to be done - wholesale slaughter is not the answer. Unless you do something about the 'source' the problem will continue.

Seeing all these people on yesterdays programme made me realise that it is these people that need to be stamped out - not the dogs. So how about we ALL do something about it? There are hundreds of thousands of people who care about animals, and even more than that who care about children, and hopefully even more who care about what is happening in our society. So today we launch the 'WHISPAR' campaign..........(Who Has Information, Seeks Proof And Reports).

If all of you keep your ears and eyes open (the mere demeanour of these people suggests they are 'braggers' ) and
Hear it? ....report it
See it?.........report it
Got a mobile 'phone that takes pics?......... film it.
ANY information you can offer with regards to breeding/supplying/fighting any of these pitbull dogs let us know. By 'us' I mean any rescue that will act on that information.

- Dogstrust, - RSPCA
- Blue Cross, - National Animal Welfare Trust
- Battersea Dogs Home - Bath Dogs Home

You do not need to give your name if you don't want to. You may call either of the CARA numbers: 01559 362800 or 01559 362990 there is a 24hr answering service on both lines. Please give as much information as possible. If you suspect someone of being involved in dog fighting and you don't know their name - then get their vehicle registration number, we can trace them. If you report someone and they turn out not to be involved that is okay - it is better than saying and doing nothing.

I have tonight sent emails to pitbull breeders in America, who seem to supply the people shown in tonight's programme in Sweden. I have made them aware of this campaign and suggested, if they really care about their dogs, they be more aware of who they supply these dogs to.

It breaks my heart that because of these people, thousands of innocent dogs in our country have lost their lives. The next step is to try and educate the environmental officers in council's throughout the country that are allowing dog pounds to play 'Russian Roulette' with these dogs lives.
CARA
31st August 2007

Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
It sounds like a good idea but those that invovled in this barbaric sport are very suspicious,they are very well organised.

The programme was not triggered by the death of Ellie the programme took 18 months of undercover investigation.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Who or what is "CARA"
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
CARA is an animal rescue, just googled it