Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:00 PM

Why on earth did i decide on Showing

Ok probably preshow nerves but now i begining to think why?

Must admit i haven't done any ringcraft training with Tyler for over a week.And it appears in this week Tyler has forgotton everything he has been taught.
I have been out in the garden doing some ringcraft with him this afternoon,not good.He will walk lovely and he holds his topline very well.Then we come to the stand,no chance,well not that bad but he wasn't going to co-operate well.
First i couldn't position his feet well and he kept moving which didn't help,then i felt him going all tense and scrunching himself up so his topline looked dreadful.So off we go for another trot around the garden.Then he decided he would slouch and sort of looked very uninterested.After about half an hour we actually managed a stand for all of 1 minute.

Why oh why did i decide to start with a CH show on sunday,he is going to make me look like one incompent handler.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:03 PM
we all start somewhere ....my first show i remember a lady on the ringside say great dog ....handler needs ringcraft

we got a 3rd
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:03 PM
You'll do fine. I'm sure he'll do you proud
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Can't be as bad as my first champ show nissan! Don't worry, we've all been there and we all have to start somewhere.

What usually turns out with Maddy is, she messes about at practice but is fine on the day. Hope Tyler is the same, i'm sure you will be fine! Good luck!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Don't panic, you'll be fine, Tyler is probably sensing your pre-show nerves and, if you are off course it will throw him out as any jitters go down the lead to your dog. Take a deep breath and just relax. By all means keep at it but, if you've been to ringcraft and know what you're supposed to do, and he has been with you so he has an idea too, you'll be absolutely fine if you leave it to the big day. Once mine start being shown I don't take them to ringcraft anymore, unless something spooks them or they start having bad habits that I need help with, as they can get bored of it all so quickly. Just remember we all start off in the same way, our first show with our first show dog, even the person that is judging you will have started somewhere. You'll be absolutely fine, as will Tyler, and once you get into the ring amongst others you can watch them for any last minute tips. I wish you the very best of luck and look forward to hearing how you got on.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:34 PM
aww sal you will be alright and im sure tyler will do you proud enjoy
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Its like a rehearsal for a show Nissanmad Dress rehearsal awful but it will be alright on the night and everything will go just fine. Good luck we have all been there.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:44 PM
We all started somewhere - I was awful to begin with - at my first show was so so so nervous but managed to keep it together. At the end Max would not stand for love nor money but we got 3rd place!

I used to sing before it was my turn to try and keep the nerves to a minimum and still do! Don't overdo it - and if he isn't co-operating when you practice take a break and come back to it! I find the stacking/standing the hardest to get them to do! Angus my youngest still hasn't got the freestand! He has a show on Sunday too and I am not looking forward to it cos like you he can do it but sometimes won't!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU - BE POSITIVE GIRL!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Good luck for Sunday Sal, I'm sure Tyler will do you proud.

Just enjoy yourself.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Thank you for all your positive comments,you have made me feel much better.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >